After three years, they're finally together...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooreAcres

Reaction score
Today I finally put my stallion, Chip, and gelding, Tango, together in the same field. I am proud to announce that they are doing WONDERFUL!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

About a year and a half ago or so, I put Chip, his sire (Jimmy, who was staying here at the time), and Tango out together. They did fine until one day when Tango came up lame. I assumed it was because Chip, being the rough-housing 2 year old he was, got to riding Tango around. The size difference and weight caused Tango to strain and pull some muscles. He recovered, but they weren't allowed to play together anymore.

Now that Tango is a gelding, I figured things might be different. I was right. Things seem to be going fantastic and it looks as though Tango is the boss, at least for the time being. One minute they're pinning their ears and biting at eachother, the next they're scratching the others shoulder.

Hopefully things keep going well. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for letting me share, I was just so excited.

Erin

That's great!
aktion033.gif

I hope they keep getting along, I know they'll both be happy being with a buddy.

smile.gif

aktion033.gif

I hate to keep horses seperate, if possible I always try them together, they are herd animals and prefer to be together not with a fence in between
biggrin.gif
I bet they will be very happy.

Yay!!!!!!! I can imagine how you feel!!!! They sound like they're on their way to being very good friends.

I hoped this would happen back when you first talked about gelding Tango. This is wonderful news!

Back