After Losing Mucous Plug

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palsminihorses

Reaction score
I'm wondering what other breeder's experiences have been. My maiden mare lost her mucous plug last Thursday (15th) morning. It is now Monday (19th), and still no foal! She is at 339 days! I've never, personally, had a mini mare carry a foal for this long. But I know that several of you have. Anyway, I've only seen the mucous plug on one other mare. I checked my calendar to see if I had written any notes of the time frame for when she foaled, but of course, I didn't write down the day that I saw the mucous plug! Sigh.

Looking forward to hearing some of your experiences.

Pam

I'm sorry to report mine was 10 days from the day she shed her plug to the day she delivered a beautiful little filly which I kept for my very own. So it doesn't necessarily mean really soon but you're headed in the right direction anyways. Good luck

Thanks Mona and Amanda! Of course that's not what I wanted to hear! LOL I was hoping that it would just be a few days, but I won't be surprised now if she goes a full week.....or more!

Pam

Emmy's just messing with your head, Pam!
default_wacko.png
She's waiting for you to sit down to supper before she turns loose of that spotty filly she's hiding in there!
default_biggrin.png

Melba

Emmy's just messing with your head, Pam!
default_wacko.png
She's waiting for you to sit down to supper before she turns loose of that spotty filly she's hiding in there!
default_biggrin.png

Melba
I'm sure you're right, Melba! LOL And she doesn't look any different this morning either.............no change in color inside her vulva and no 'cow pie' poop either. Sigh.

Pam

Latest posts

Back