After a long wait our Emmy had a baby boy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonloubri

Reaction score
last night. About 10:30PM yesterday I looked at our monitor to see our mare laying down and upon closer view I could see a little head and ears by Emmy's tail. Yelled to hubby "we have a baby" and off we went to the barn. Baby was resting with his head up but still about half in the sack. He looked so tiny until he started to try and stand. OMG I didn't think his legs would ever end. We stayed up with him all night He was having a problem finding the milk bar and when he did figure out where it was he couldn't latch on. Off we went to the vet this morning. All his blood counts were low so the vet tubed him. Also the vet tech figured out that Emmy's bag was so high up even though she had milk he couldn't reach it. We left them both at the vet's so they can work with getting the baby to nurse. His doesn't have a real strong sucking ability. He did pass stool, so that part is working.

He is as yet unnamed. His sire is h Full Lunar Eclipse (aka Sherman) and dam is Mini Caveyos Osage (aka Emmy) Terri Harrison (Mini h Farm) is going to post a couple pictures for me later.

Congrats on your new boy
default_smile.png

default_aktion033.gif
bonnie and mike , so glad you all have a baby at last !! its one of the best parts of having mini's. Hope all will be well with the little guy. Have you picked a name yet? cant wait to see pictures.

congrads
default_saludando.gif

Linda

Congratulations on your new boy. I hope he's a pro at the milk bar soon and look forward to seeing his pictures!!!

Congratulations on your baby boy!
default_aktion033.gif

I hope he has learned to nurse well. Can't wait to see him!

Congratulations, Bonnie and Michael!! Sure hope your little one does just fine. Look forward to pics.

Rita

Congratulations!! Aren't babies wonderful? Hope he is nursing well now!

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your little guy, hope he can get to the bar soon.

congrats on your new colt!!!!

So exciting foaling season!

UPDATE ON OUR COLT.

We went to the vet's about noon today and the baby was doing about the same. Still being tube fed. He was alert and looked good.

At about 2:15 the vet's office called and said he had started to nurse. So it looks like he may be alright now.

Yippeee......This is the first baby we have had in six years. His mom, Emmy. is a nine year old maiden. He is really "Sumthin Special"

Congratulations on your new foal
default_aktion033.gif
.Glad to hear he is doing good and nursing
default_yes.gif
Joyce

Hi Bonnie and Mike,

I think that "Sumthin Special" sounds like a pretty good name for this little guy.
default_wink.png

Linda K

Yay I havent responded to this thread as we have been tied up with our own stubborn nurser. Im so happy to hear your boy is nursing on his own now. Ours is too Finally Harvey just took a lot longer thats all. We know it is still possible for him to crash but progress is progress. I am so happy your boy has improved it is so much a roller coaster of emotions. Congratulations.

Congrats on your new arrival! I saw the pics and he is cute. I DO hope he keeps improving. Emmy looks like a good mom.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back