After 25 hours of torture.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim~Crayonboxminiatures

Reaction score
Thursday evening Spring's milk tested 400 hardness (calcium) and PH 6.4, so I set up the sofa for a long night wait
default_laugh.png
, little did I know she wouldn't foal for another 25 hours.
default_wacko.png
Friday morning and the rest of the day she was waxing and dripping milk, but eating hay and standing in her corner. I felt like I was under house arrest on a beautiful day stuck inside glued to the monitor.

Finally at 8:40pm Friday Spring had an adorable red bay filly, she does have appy characteristics (sclera & mottling) and a little star. Bingo, black snowcap appy is her sire, this is his last foal because he is a gelding now. It was another textbook birth, whew! This is Spring's 6th foal for me, and it always makes me smile because she remembers my whole routine.
default_wub.png
After she passes the placenta and gets her banamine she starts nudging me for her warm "mash" treat, I always give them beet pulp soaked in warm water with some pellets and sliced carrots.

The little filly I have nicknamed "pipsqueak" until I choose her real name, she is loving scratches and followed me around the stall. Her blankie is a bit too big, she is very refined and petite, but leggy, I got 7" cannon and 21" at the withers.

She might be a keeper, I've been waiting for the "perfect" filly from Spring to keep as her future replacement and this is the first filly I've gotten that is her same color.
default_biggrin.png
It will depend a bit on what Frosty Chip has, she is due anytime I don't know if I'm lucky enough to get three fillies again this year, but I'll cross my fingers.

This filly is a full sister to last years "Crayonbox Idle Superstition" who started roaning by 2 months old. She is also a maternal sibling to Crayonbox Spotless Perfection (Percy), Crayonbox My Kind Of Rain Falabella (Stormy).

Here are a few photos visit her page on my website to see more.

I love the wet photos:

Spring.filly1.5-2-08.jpg

Spring.filly6.5-2-08.jpg

Kim,

Congratulations on an adorable healthy (and SO refined) filly! I'd say she was well worth the lost sleep and house arrest!
default_yes.gif

What a sweet little filly!! Congratulations!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Aw, she's adorable.
default_wub.png
Worth the wait. And we share a birthday, haha!

She's pretty! And from that expression, I bet she's going to have ATTITUDE.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks! She was well worth the torture and house arrest!
default_wub.png

*New Photos of her outside are on her webpages!*

MiniV you are right, she is running and bucking up a storm already, I'm trying to pick a name that won't encourage her to live up to it (like Crayonbox Test My Patience) LOL!

She is absolutely adorable, Kim!!!

Congrats!!

Susan O.

Congrats and how darn cute!!!!!!! I am so happy for you
default_yes.gif

default_aktion033.gif
Congratulations!!

She certainly was well worth the wait (and hours of house arrest LOL)
default_yes.gif

(I love Bays)

-Becky

Latest posts

Back