Affordable First Cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny2874

Reaction score
I think I would eventually like a hyper bike but will get a regular easy entry cart to start driving. I found old threads talking about Smart Cart and G & S but I don’t think either exists anymore. I can5 find their web sites. Can anyone recommend an affordable easy entry cart for paved and unpaved roads and trails? Thank you!

I like my Kingston Cart with the curved shafts and motorcycle tires. I live 45 minutes from Kingston Saddlery so I was able to save on shipping costs by picking it up myself. Check out their website to see if it is in your budget.

Willow flats, thank you! That looks perfect! A few questions...how do I know what size shaft I need and will the 18” motorcycle tires be better than the 16”? Thanks again

Willow flats, thank you! That looks perfect! A few questions...how do I know what size shaft I need and will the 18” motorcycle tires be better than the 16”? Thanks again
My mini is 36" tall.
I have the 53" curved shafts. They can be adjusted in and out for width.
I have the 16" motorcycle tires. Which actually measure 21" from the ground, the 16" is the wheel measurement.
It has the C springs which offer a way more comfortable ride than my other older EE cart.

I hope this helps you in your decision.

Last edited:
I also have Kingston carts and really like them. The company is great to deal with and delivery is fast. Plus they carry replacement parts and have an option for seat risers which is great if you are leggy.
I had a used G and S cart and sold it to get another Kingston. The pluses with the G and S where that it had more leg room and the seat was of a nicer quality. The negatives were it was much heavier and my minis are on the smaller side so weight mattered and the paint job wasn't the best.
I did call G and S once about getting a new seat and the owner was extremely helpful. This was last year, so I think he might be still in business.
ETA: OOOPS! You are right, I was wrong, G&S appears gone :( I just spent awhile trying to find them with no luck.

Last edited:
The Kingston is a great starter cart, especially for the money! And the shipping is free in the lower 48 states :)

Depending on how big your mini is will help you figure out the tire size. Remember the larger the tire the easier the vehicle is to pull. BUT if your tires are too big it will be very hard to balance the cart. If your tires are too small it will be hard to balance the cart.

Here is a link to a blog post I wrote about the easy entry cart I had. It was a Kingston Saddlery cart. I have since sold it and only use my Hyperbike :)

https://www.theessentialhorse.com/post/kingston-saddlery-easy-entry-cart

The Kingston is a great starter cart, especially for the money! And the shipping is free in the lower 48 states :)

Depending on how big your mini is will help you figure out the tire size. Remember the larger the tire the easier the vehicle is to pull. BUT if your tires are too big it will be very hard to balance the cart. If your tires are too small it will be hard to balance the cart.

Here is a link to a blog post I wrote about the easy entry cart I had. It was a Kingston Saddlery cart. I have since sold it and only use my Hyperbike :)

They do advertize free shipping, but I believe that is factored into the price. They gave me $80 off for picking up my cart at the warehouse. Just an F Y I, if there is anyone local.

I like my cart because I can take kids with me on the seat and I have been able to teach two kids to drive this way. :)

This is great information! thank you so much! I'm in the process of searching for my first cart!

I have a Kingston that I got for my first cart too. Mine is an older model and I've since replaced the singletree with the newer one. I envy the ones with the curved shafts and motorcycle tires.

Latest posts

Back