Advise please on older broodmare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had so much catching up to do...I had two of my girl cousins over since Saturday so I got way behind! Taz and Tilly, he is perfect! 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍
Thank you! We think he is🥰. Hope you had fun with your cousins.

How are Tilly and baby doing today, Taz? Any name ideas?

Congrats Taz!!!!! What a handsome boy!!!! He looks so tiny!
Thank you! He's about 13 inches. He's already put weight on. I carry him to and from the paddock to make life easier and could feel a difference by last night and again this morning. It doesn't surprise me, he eats every 20 min 🤣 What did you name your little guy?

Last edited:
How are Tilly and baby doing today, Taz? Any name ideas?
They're doing great. Tilly is getting less protective and poor no name is now getting 'mauled' multiple times a day. I couldn't handle him as much as I wanted to in the beginning, Tilly was very good but got upset. By last night she started to relax some. I've come up with lots of names I like but none fit yet. I'm going to try getting a close up of his face and posting it to see if anyone has ideas.

Aww that’s so good to hear. Looking forward to the pictures!

I asked Cindy (Squirt's owner) if Squirt has foaled yet and she said "No baby yet, I'm beginning to wonder about her :oops:" I said she needed to give Squirt a big squeeze and see if that helped. ;) Can someone please help soothe my anxious brain and tell me this is all normal?!?! Cindy said almost a month ago that she was very pregnant then....I can't imagine how big she is now, she must need a wide load truck in front and behind her! 🤣🤣

They're doing great. Tilly is getting less protective and poor no name is now getting 'mauled' multiple times a day. I couldn't handle him as much as I wanted to in the beginning, Tilly was very good but got upset. By last night she started to relax some. I've come up with lots of names I like but none fit yet. I'm going to try getting a close up of his face and posting it to see if anyone has ideas.
Who is he getting mauled by?

I asked Cindy (Squirt's owner) if Squirt has foaled yet and she said "No baby yet, I'm beginning to wonder about her :oops:" I said she needed to give Squirt a big squeeze and see if that helped. ;) Can someone please help soothe my anxious brain and tell me this is all normal?!?! Cindy said almost a month ago that she was very pregnant then....I can't imagine how big she is now, she must need a wide load truck in front and behind her! 🤣🤣
If the foal has changed positions she will look bigger or smaller depending on whether the little one is sideways or facing the same as mom. Don't worry, that IS normal 😊, Snickers and Rosie are both doing it. She probably meant she's wondering if she's actually in foal, not if she's doing OK. LOL about the big squeeze! Tilly's gate wasn't closed as much as normal a couple of weeks ago and she could fit her shoulders through it to graze on the 'good' grass. She tried to go farther and her belly didn't fit so she backed up, I was rooting for her to keep going and squeeze the foal out that way🤣
Who is he getting mauled by?
I'm rubbing and scratching and checking his legs and ambilicus for heat and swelling every time I go out to see them, which is pretty often. It's just the two of them in the paddock next to Tilly's normal turn out buddies. I'm planning on keeping them alone for two weeks or until she's super comfortable with the others around him. No worries, he's fine😊

If the foal has changed positions she will look bigger or smaller depending on whether the little one is sideways or facing the same as mom. Don't worry, that IS normal 😊, Snickers and Rosie are both doing it. She probably meant she's wondering if she's actually in foal, not if she's doing OK. LOL about the big squeeze! Tilly's gate wasn't closed as much as normal a couple of weeks ago and she could fit her shoulders through it to graze on the 'good' grass. She tried to go farther and her belly didn't fit so she backed up, I was rooting for her to keep going and squeeze the foal out that way🤣
Thanks, that helps. 😊 LOL @ Tilly

Sally was pretty rough with Sterling at first, but things settles down rather quickly.

Isn't it fun watching him zip around? Such a miracle!

I love the name Finnegan!! I am SO HAPPY for you!!!!

Latest posts

Back