Advise please on older broodmare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooops, forgot the pictures, it's been about 7 weeks of waking up every hour 🤣
IMG_20200625_184057.jpgIMG_20200625_184218.jpg
Thank you elizabeth.conder, I'll be taking pictures from behind from now on, SO much easier than being on my knees under her and it shows much better :D, I don't know why I didn't clue in to that before.

Yes that's her udder from the back, I think that's dark pink in the first picture :D. Not a drop of milk to be found, I would really like to test some for a better idea of what's going on. Her udder was a little fuller this morning and hard, we'll see how long that lasts but that's twice this week👍. Maybe she'll have a June baby? 🙏
Did you hear back from your vet? Just being nosey 😊

Last edited:
LOL I know, I can't wait either! I feel bad for her because a month ago she looked dropped......And it's going to be 90 for the next few days. :( I wish there was a coat color predictor, combining the mom and dad's colors.

OH, there is!!!!
Here's Squirt's foal's chances:

Offspring Color Probability

35.16% -​
Silver Buckskin
35.16% -​
Buckskin
11.72% -​
Silver Smoky Black
11.72% -​
Smoky Black
6.25% -​
Palomino

I'm going out on a limb and saying I think Tilly is going to foal sometime in the next week. He udder was hard again this morning, vulva is still dark pink(looks it more to me in person than the picture) and she has serious jello butt. Not a drop of milk to test but she wasn't happy about me trying so I left that alone. I could be jinxing it of course, wait and see as usual but I'll be keeping a closer eye on her now.
IMG_20200627_075117.jpgIMG_20200627_075110.jpg

What's going on with everyone else???????

Obviously I’m far from an expert but she looks a whole lot like a lot of pictures of mares I’ve seen right before foaling so 🤞🤞🤞!!!
Nothing really new with Rosie Pudding, she just seems to be getting larger by the day and the edema in front of her teats feels bigger too. My mum is coming out here from England in August, so who knows, maybe she will foal while she’s here!

Oh Taz! Looks so close! Color Calculator? I will have to look that up! So I have a a color question...my little stallion is a reddish brown color with two white socks, a few white blazes on his body, black mane and tail, and a dark stripe down his spine. Is this a bay or bay dun? UGH. Not really sure.

Udder is still there tonight, vulva a bit droopier, tail head sticking out a little bit 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞

Oh Taz! Looks so close! Color Calculator? I will have to look that up! So I have a a color question...my little stallion is a reddish brown color with two white socks, a few white blazes on his body, black mane and tail, and a dark stripe down his spine. Is this a bay or bay dun? UGH. Not really sure.
I started a thread 'colours and changes' that I was hoping people would post babies before and after fuzz, colour questions and pictures with what colour they are so 'we' could figure some of it out. No ones putting much up but put his picture up and see what responses you get. I thought I knew colours before mini's, haha. I thought he was bay pinto when I saw his picture but the dorsal stripe could be bay dun pinto? Yes, our girls look a lot alike😊

Latest posts

Back