Advice on a Clipper.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HorseMom

Reaction score
I know most people prefer the Double Ks and I've thought about getting one myself. I did see a clipper advertised that is said to do well with body clipping. I only have 2 minis that will need to be clipped. My stallion and my foal that I am expecting. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Andis AGC2 Super 2-speed Clipper?

Just want to say I have no experience with the clippers you are inquiring about and I LOVE my double K's BUT I did find a pair of clippers that I love almost as much last year when I was having trouble with my Double K's...they are Oster Turbo A5 2 speed clippers and they clipped through winter coats fabulously. Very reasonably priced too...I got mine for $140 from Big Dee's Tack and Vet Supplies.

I have the Andis ACG clippers. I like them. They work good. But can get a little hot if you use them a long time.

I would like to have some Double K's, but just not in budget right now.

I know most people prefer the Double Ks and I've thought about getting one myself. I did see a clipper advertised that is said to do well with body clipping. I only have 2 minis that will need to be clipped. My stallion and my foal that I am expecting. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Andis AGC2 Super 2-speed Clipper?
Yes I have the clipper Andis AGC2 & the Double Ks. I prefer the andis they fit in my hand better the cord is less cumbersome. I keep my blades sharp and spray them with kool lube and W-D 40 constantly. My mins are bathed and cleaned before I clip them which helps the blades live/last/ and go through the hair like butter.

Hoped I helped I am a pet stylist

Yes I have the clipper Andis AGC2 & the Double Ks. I prefer the andis they fit in my hand better the cord is less cumbersome. I keep my blades sharp and spray them with kool lube and W-D 40 constantly. My mins are bathed and cleaned before I clip them which helps the blades live/last/ and go through the hair like butter.

Hoped I helped I am a pet stylist

A very good friend of mine is a professional braider/body clipper on the hunter circuit...she uses the 2 speed Andi clippers. I'm trying to convince her to come do a couple for me when she gets back from West Palm.

I think I know who is advertising around here that you are talking about...feel free to email me to compare notes if it is the same person...if so I can give you the 'scoop'!

BTW...sorry we aren't having the mini division this year at Winning Weekends...unfortunately after several years the number of entries needed just wasn't there on a consistant basis. But maybe we'll see you out and about somewhere!

BTW...sorry we aren't having the mini division this year at Winning Weekends...unfortunately after several years the number of entries needed just wasn't there on a consistant basis. But maybe we'll see you out and about somewhere!
That's too bad. It was a fun show. Guess that cuts out some of my show spending.

Andis AGC2 Super 2-speed Clipper- check, check and check. three pairs, all in the blue color. all e*bay under 65 each, brand new! good luck check craigslist too

Latest posts

Back