Adventures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha! That’s my ridiculously teeny tiny whip 🤣 One soft touch with that whip and my horse is OFF! So I don’t really ever use the whip on him, but have it just in case 🤣🤣

Julie has a hyperbike. My bike is the one my hubby made for me. 💕 Hubby is going to be making me a second custom bike for Bentley when he gets a little older, that way each horse will have their own bike.

We meet up with my friend Julie and her horse Hollee today at Dutch Branch Park which is on Benbrook Lake, only 20 minutes from my house. We had a great drive! We drove a little under 6 miles in 2 hours and 40 minutes, our longest drive yet and surprisingly both ponies were full of energy when we got back to the van!

Breezy and I crossed the river first this time. Right after he crossed it, we had to go straight uphill and he totally ate it! When we went up the other side, all 4 feet went out from under him and he landed on his belly. I wasn’t scared, just concerned and worried for him. The best part was that Julie got it on video! When she sent it to me it is really blurry, but perfectly clear on her phone. I had one foot out of the bike, but he got himself up and handled it like a champ! Off we went like it never even happened! Such a good pony!! He might deserve the day off tomorrow 🤣🤣

IMG_2294.png

IMG_2293.jpeg

IMG_2295.jpeg

Last edited:
Cedar Lake in Oklahoma

Wednesday (the night before the trip): I went out to feed and Breezy’s eye was swollen almost shut. My neighbor vet came out to look at it and of course it was scratched.

Thursday morning (the day of the trip):I rush off to Burleson Equine to get meds for Breezy’s eye.

Thursday: I finally get everything packed up and ready to go. I load Breezy in the trailer then stop at the house one last time before heading out to double check that I haven’t forgotten anything plus I wanted to check on Gray Kitty too. When I went to give her goodbye kisses she started to freak out. Luckily she was in the kennel. Hubby rushed up to the house to see her screaming and throwing herself around. We were both there when she took her last breath, poor baby, I think she died of a blood clot.

Maybe all of this was I sign I shouldn’t go on my trip. I unloaded Breezy from the trailer while hubby dug Gray Kitty’s grave. We were both in tears, this was so sudden and unexpected. Just the day before she was doing so good and had eaten more than ever, I had become overly optimistic about her condition and really thought she was going to make it. She was even putting on weight. I miss her sweet little face.

I did decide to go ahead and go on my trip and I’m so glad I did. We went to Cedar Lake in Oklahoma May 11-14, 2023. The campground was beautiful but unfortunately the trails were just too rocky for our bikes. We got some rain each night and also Saturday afternoon.

IMG_2309.jpeg

IMG_2310.jpeg

And of course a short video of our trip:

The Main Park two days in a row, WOOHOO! We meet up with my friend Julie and her horse Hollee and they loved the park as much as we do. What a beautiful day and a really fun drive! We drove a little over 5 miles, our ponies are getting into great shape!
IMG_2318.jpeg

IMG_2317.jpeg

IMG_2316.jpeg

Yeppers I got my helmet on now 😍after my camping trip last weekend I decided better safe than sorry. Plus last weekend was the second time I said to myself that I needed to wear a helmet, so now I am. During my camping trip, Breezy reared so tall that I thought he was going to flip over backwards and land on me…. (training issue: he didn’t want to stand still when asked, so we are continuing to work on that)… My head almost hit the pavement while I was sitting in my bike. Luckily he didn’t flip but it was really scary and definitely left its mark on me. So helmet up!!!

Breezy and I had a great time at Six RS Ranch this past weekend. Meet up with a new lady this weekend, guess she didn’t like me much because she left me behind on the trail. 🤣🤣 I went up a hill, around the corner and could no longer see her. She said ”I’ll be there in a minute” so I waited, and waited, and waited…and waited. I started calling her name and got no response, so I waited. I started yelling her name and crickets, so I waited. Then I started to get worried since she was a newbie that maybe she had an unexpected ejection from her cart so I went back down the hill to look for her. I found no horse, no cart, and no lady. I headed back towards camp to look for her to make sure she was ok and I finally saw her still in her cart close to camp with her pony running like a crazy horse 🤣 so I took the next trail I could find and off we went. 🤣🤣

Never a dull moment!! 🤪🤪

We did come across some cows, that was kinda scary since they were bigger than us. I did have my bear spray in case one of them decided to charge us, luckily I didn’t have to use it.
IMG_2320.jpeg

IMG_2321.jpeg

Will definitely be going back to this ranch to explore more 😍

Hi all! Long time no talk. We have been adventuring, but haven't been doing it as much due to our friend's mini nearly dying from a vaccine reaction so we haven't gone out.

However, we have been experimenting with driving on the road, we went to the Driving Derby at the NJ Horse Park, we went to the Delmarva Driving Club Spring Show, and

WE ARE SHOWING AT DEVON!

Katie and Bee will be doing the pony classes on Memorial Day! I'll be the nervous wreck owner at the ringside. LOL. Here's a collection of photos.

**My wife Katie is usually the one shown in photos as the driver unless it's a photo of just Bee's butt. 😂 She does all the showing! I'm more of a casual trail driver and the Photographer.**

VideoCapture_20230422-204556.jpg
IMG_0099.jpg
IMG_8343.jpg

#Goals ...
We just started out very first experience driving at a show!!!! I had a blast. I'm so pleased with how Phillippe did. I've got a good idea for my attire that I want to order, jacket and apron, and I have a tophat to add to it too. Elementary level CDE sounds fun, but so does actual driving (like turnout) classes!
Here's where I'm starting ❤️

Attachments

• Phillippe Drive Show.jpg
    Phillippe Drive Show.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Congratulations Standards E and Philippe on your horse show drive! You both look great and, as always, I love the yellow touches! Your show attire plan sounds attractive and practical - easy on and off between classes. What colors are you looking at for your jacket?

Kelly, your weeks always sound fun and interesting! Your pony mobile will be at 200,000 miles in no time! 😂 Was it hard to not buy a horse at the sale? How were the sale prices?

Latest posts

Back