Adventures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing boring about your drive day! Breezy must have wondered what you were thinking. 🤣 Now he knows! 😂 Really enjoy looking at the parks you have shared in your area, so lovely with lots of room for horses.

YES! Wear a helmet. Hubby still recovering from fall in November and the small (surgeon’s adjective) TMI has been challenging. Lots of improvement though and we are grateful. My heart goes out to anyone recovering from or living with the effects of any traumatic brain injury.

HELMET UP!

I hope your hubby is alright MaryFlora! Hugs to you and your family 😘

After Breezy’s performance last week, I decided to ground drive him today at Oakmont Park. It is a much quieter park than the Main Park. He did pretty good, had to work on walking through water. He hates things touching his legs and feet, which isn’t great for a trail horse 😝 but he has always been this way, since he was a baby.…so baby steps😂 We also had to have a discussion about going down a teeny tiny little hill, but eventually he saw things my way and LOVES teeny tiny hills now 🤣🤣

62B1A768-3E05-4651-927A-C251DBB197A5.jpeg

With all the rain we have had lately, the waterfall was really loud and scary today:
1B177347-A56A-46AE-ADB1-2C2BCB6393AF.jpeg

Thank you, Kelly! Doing much better. 😊

Love your photos! They show a wide variety of terrain in your area, and I’m definitely jealous! A whole waterfall? 😂 That is a fun feature to enjoy with your minis.

Back to the Main park today where it was crowded again 🥳 Breezy did real good, he didn’t like the loud noise of the bridge with cars flying over head nor the guys playing basket ball under the bridge, but I held on tight while he was being a wild child.🤣🤣 Maybe next time I will park under the scary bridge and leave him tied up for a while 🤪🤪
858B1CAF-0592-4126-8E6E-D17F60DE1810.jpeg

We even got to do a couple of water obstacles which he wasn’t too crazy about at first, but got use to them pretty quick and is now becoming a pro… well, almost 😝
8AF9B307-22B2-4EC4-871A-04CB193DB0CB.jpeg

I didn’t get any video of when Breezy was being a wild child under the bridge today, my hands were a little full 🤣🤣 we must have walked under the bridge a hundred times today, he eventually became a little calmer not as calm as I would like but he will get there. I even felt like we were kinda cheating today since it was a nice beautiful day, clear skies, 86 degrees and no cloud coverage to hold in the loud scary noises from the bridge. We will try again here in the near future on a cold overcast cloudy day 😂 Poor Breezy, he has a CRAZY Mommy 🤣🤣

I have come to the conclusion if I can drive him at TRT Main Park, then I can drive him anywhere! Hoping by summer I will be able to drive him at this park and that he will be nice, calm, relaxed and cool as a cucumber. Always so much activity at this park and so many things to see. I did get a video of Breezy behaving and walking nicely past some really scary logs.

I didn’t get any video of when Breezy was being a wild child under the bridge today, my hands were a little full 🤣🤣 we must have walked under the bridge a hundred times today, he eventually became a little calmer not as calm as I would like but he will get there. I even felt like we were kinda cheating today since it was a nice beautiful day, clear skies, 86 degrees and no cloud coverage to hold in the loud scary noises from the bridge. We will try again here in the near future on a cold overcast cloudy day 😂 Poor Breezy, he has a CRAZY Mommy 🤣🤣

I have come to the conclusion if I can drive him at TRT Main Park, then I can drive him anywhere! Hoping by summer I will be able to drive him at this park and that he will be nice, calm, relaxed and cool as a cucumber. Always so much activity at this park and so many things to see. I did get a video of Breezy behaving and walking nicely past some really scary logs.

He makes a mama proud:)

I meet up with my friend Julie and her horse Hollee at Cobb Park. Unfortunately we couldn’t drive there because there were stray dogs, 4 of them were pit bulls and one a German Shepherd. Julie ended up taking the black German Shepherd and we called animal control on the pit bulls. We left and headed to another park in the Trinity River Trail system, Harmon Field Park. What a wonderful surprise! Such a pretty little park! Breezy did great and so did Hollee. We had a blast and drove for about an hour. When we got back to the trailer & van, we had a picnic lunch. What a wonderful day! We named the new dog ♥️Trinity♥️ and hope that she will be able to go with us on future drives, she is just a puppy maybe 10 months old and very sweet.

04365344-159D-47AF-8B12-A7B3A5FB2084.jpeg

We went to Cooper Lake State park for an overnight camping trip and had a blast! The trails were awesome and challenging at times. A regular cart would not have made it through some places, we were so glad we had the bikes.

I LOVE my new set up! In the evening we heard a large pack of coyotes howling. I am soooo glad I had my little trailer to put Breezy in at night🥳 it worked out perfectly!

CFCC4B0E-8EB3-401A-BE0D-05C5CF5D1510.jpeg

0076F37A-CD03-44D9-BB83-9B211D7E66ED.jpeg

A video of the park and some of our drive 😍

Your photos are a great way to start another rainy day in Minnesota! 😍 I love the descriptions and enjoy seeing your little horses seeing their world. Does Breezy get home and tell Bentley everything?😁

Latest posts

Back