Adventures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got the video to come up! How cute! Looks like a lot of work for you though, maybe consider to teach Apache to drive so he can cart all of y’all around.… And then you can pony Arlee 😍😍

It’s not as cinematic! I wish I’d been able to capture Apaché following us through the trails! Might need a helmet cam. Or maybe a shirt with a top pocket! What do you guys do to video while you’re riding or driving?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    20.6 MB
I would love to teach him to pull a cart like yours and I think he would be fantastic at it… There is zero point zero zero percent of the population of Australia that drive horse and cart and an even smaller percentage that drive minis. Gear is expensive and uncommon to come by. No Amish. The seed to do it is in my head.., but has fallen on unfertile ground for now! maybe one day! I would love to with more time and money!

Apache gave Bear’s friend Daisy a pony ride as part of her birthday present this morning! He behaved perfectly. I do love that little guy ❤️❤️

We are invited to the nursing home again next month. I cannot take both horses by myself, so I might take Billy this time. I'll have Dapper Dan in the trailer in case Billy doesn't behave, but I think he would be fine. I hate to deprive Dapper Dan of the attention; maybe I can get my neighbor to help me. My sister wants me to take Pepper also, but she is too young.
The staff wanted something that would interest the men more; I'm thinking of having the horse drag a cotton sack; most of the men (and the women) there could relate to that.

I finally got to take Breezy camping over the weekend and we had a blast! We went to Alert Academy in Big Sandy, TX, which was about 2 and a half hours away. The facility was nice, they had electric and water at the campsites. They also had a beautiful barn so I was able to stall Breezy at night. My friend Julie and her mini Hollee also got to come for the weekend. The weather was chilly at 28 degrees overnight but we survived. The van worked out perfectly, I absolutely LOVE it. I see many more camping trips in our future and I can’t wait!

BCA952D7-4940-49E5-B7C6-8FA00877706F.jpeg

E386E09C-F8E9-4F70-B381-12061E8B154D.jpeg

EE0D4C4D-0D16-4D36-B8FC-39F95614CF46.jpeg

Below is a picture of my bed made in the van. It was so roomy, a twin size roll up mattress fit perfectly. I made the curtains for added privacy. My luggable loo also fits for those midnight emergencies 😁
5D622521-62E0-43DC-8D93-859F1A48190E.jpeg

We went to the equine hospital yesterday for Dapper Dan's annual dental work. It was snowing quite heavily; vet texted to see if we wanted to postpone. But I blanketed the horses to ride in my stock trailer and off we went. It took a little longer to drive the 50 miles, but we got there on time. Dapper Dan only needed a little tweaking; he has very good teeth. I took Billy along as I was concerned about a "swelling" in the sheath area. Turns out, it is simply fat; he had gained 20 pounds since I got him 3 months ago. Not good. I got a stern talking-to about feeding him.

The trailer was a mess with packed salty road snow on the fenders. Off to the car wash today. Guess I should have postponed the appt for a dry day...

Marsha!! 20 pounds!! In 3 months!! Dang girl!! Not good. 💋

I have a bike that easily comes apart. The tires and shafts come off for easy transport.
You are as bad as the vet, Kelly! Last night I tied Billy while Dapper Dan had his meager supper, and fed Billy his supplement and a piece of apple by hand. The whites of his eyes were showing as he heard Dapper Dan munching. Not sure I can do this for long.

We are going to a nursing home tomorrow, but the adventure began today. Rain and mud. So, I went out in a fine mist to wash Dapper Dan's tail and braid it. I was able to use the air compressor on him and do some tweaking with the clippers ( I wasn't sure I was plugged into gfi so I made sure not to lay the clippers anywhere wet). Then a fly sheet and confined under the horse motel so he can't get wet--which equals mud. I just washed his tail because it looks so gorgeous after braiding. I'm planning to put his sequined blanket on him tomorrow. It is too cold for a full body wash. Finished in the nick of time as the rain really started coming down. May have to wash his feet before we go tomorrow before putting on boots. I want to comb out the long fetlocks. My sister chickened out taking Jackie; she didn't want to clean up her black and white pinto in the rain. Luckily, Dapper Dan is a bay--dirt colored.

Turned out to be a lovely day for the outing. Dapper Dan was a trooper. We went into several rooms to visit with bedridden residents. One resident had bought a bag of baby carrots to use for a treat. Wasn't that sweet? I had to tell her that I didn't allow treats; she was disappointed but enjoyed petting Dapper Dan anyway. They enjoyed the little goats, and Luna the Newfoundland puppy was very nice.

Attachments

• Corn group.jpg
    Corn group.jpg
    757.3 KB · Views: 0
  • corn1.jpg
    corn1.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 0
  • corn2.jpg
    corn2.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 0
  • corn4luna.jpg
    corn4luna.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 0
  • corn5.jpg
    corn5.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 0
  • corn6.jpg
    corn6.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 0
  • corn7lunagoat.jpg
    corn7lunagoat.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 0
Those are beautiful photos Marsha! A very special day for everyone involved. Dapper Dan looks wonderful and the other visitors are so cute.

The little girl and her goat are adorable and you are looking sharp in those red boots! I wonder if I need a pair? ☺️

Latest posts

Back