Adventures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried to use Easy boots on Stormy. The first size was too small, couldn’t get his foot in it. I went up a size but it was too big and he would walk out of them. I tried putting socks on him along with cushions in the bottom of the boot, still didn’t work. So I gave up on boots. 🤣🤣

My horses sometimes slip when jumping out of the van depending on the surface but never so bad that they fall over. They usually only slip with one foot, nothing I am overly concerned about. I could always put a towel down for them to jump onto to prevent slipping. Once out of the van I have never had them slip in stores or on various surfaces. I went into a store one time and thought, oh boy this floor looks really slick, but the horses didn’t have any problems. The only time I have been truely concerned and worried was when I was driving Stormy downhill on concrete. He started slipping so bad that I did get out of the cart. That was pretty scary! Once I got out of the cart he was fine going downhill pulling the empty cart on the concrete.

Mine have never pooped in the stores. If they did I would probably just laugh!! 🤣🤣 Then I would lecture them about how it isn’t polite to poop in stores and they would probably just look at me like they always do… with love in their eyes & think “here she goes again, Mom is crazy… bla, bla, bla” LOL LOL Then I would go to the checkout line and get a few plastic bags to clean it up. Not overly concerned about them pooping in stores because they LOVE pooping in my van. Stormy waits to poop & pee until he is in the van!! 🤪🤪

I have tried to use Easy boots on Stormy. The first size was too small, couldn’t get his foot in it. I went up a size but it was too big and he would walk out of them. I tried putting socks on him along with cushions in the bottom of the boot, still didn’t work. So I gave up on boots. 🤣🤣

My horses sometimes slip when jumping out of the van depending on the surface but never so bad that they fall over. They usually only slip with one foot, nothing I am overly concerned about. I could always put a towel down for them to jump onto to prevent slipping. Once out of the van I have never had them slip in stores or on various surfaces. I went into a store one time and thought, oh boy this floor looks really slick, but the horses didn’t have any problems. The only time I have been truely concerned and worried was when I was driving Stormy downhill on concrete. He started slipping so bad that I did get out of the cart. That was pretty scary! Once I got out of the cart he was fine going downhill pulling the empty cart on the concrete.

Mine have never pooped in the stores. If they did I would probably just laugh!! 🤣🤣 Then I would lecture them about how it isn’t polite to poop in stores and they would probably just look at me like they always do… with love in their eyes & think “here she goes again, Mom is crazy… bla, bla, bla” LOL LOL Then I would go to the checkout line and get a few plastic bags to clean it up. Not overly concerned about them pooping in stores because they LOVE pooping in my van. Stormy waits to poop & pee until he is in the van!! 🤪🤪
I love reading your story adventures. Your minis defiantly get their humor from their mom 😍 :);)

@kimbalina No peacocks! 😝 the only cock around here… oh wait… what… ahhhh yes, no PEAcocks 🤣🤣 have heard they are REAL noisy but IDK 🤷🏻‍♀️

Went over to my friend Julie’s house today and ground drove Breezy. He did GREAT! Didn’t get any pics of him, but I did get a pic of Julie loading her horse Hollee in my van, such good practice! Her pony is 36 inches tall in case you all were wondering 😜😜

7A966F6B-0F04-4D50-9FE1-0A8DC0D50800.jpeg

Last edited:
Today we went for a long walk across town to a park. A long metal bridge, and the horses went over it fine. The horses did fine, but we were very tired girls when we got back to the trailers.
I took the sulky as I was planning to have them there when I put Billy to the sulky the first time, but he was not tired, and too excited at being around other horses, so I did a little ground driving and called it a day.
My sister took the photo and she was holding another horse, so we were quite an interesting group on the streets.

Attachments

• park group.jpg
    park group.jpg
    593.2 KB · Views: 0
  • park bridge.jpg
    park bridge.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 0
Funny adventure today. Ponied Apaché off Arlee for a walk around the block. I have memories of working at a ranch on sundays when I was a kid. At the end of the day we had to take to mares up to the top paddock, which meant a couple of us going bareback up a super steep rocky path leading one or two mares each. There was one giant rock you had to jump up with an electric wire that cut overhead right at the top of the rock. It was always EXCITING! My head spins a bit when I think back to just how damn tough i was lol!!!

I know this will have low approval rating but I did pony Apaché off my bike a couple of times. It went pretty well, but twice was enough! The first time we ended up doing it as a last minute inkling of an idea and it went really well. My husband managed to catch some on video and it went a bit viral on instagram. The second time I did it more purposefully but although it went fine, there were a couple of moments that made me nervous so decided never again.
View attachment IMG_5499.MOV
Anyway. Thank goodness I have Arlee now so i can pony Apaché from her every now and again to give him some more exercise and adventures! This morning I ponied Apaché around the block off Arlee. When we got home I let go of Apaché, hoping he would just stay home and munch the grass in the front, and that Arlee and I could go a bit further/faster in the riding club grounds across the road. Our road is sooo quiet and people in the area are reasonably accustomed to free range livestock, so I wasn’t too worried… I knew he would either stay there eating grass or follow us. And of course he followed us! We had such a lovely time exploring the small network of trails they have. my fat little thelwell pony cantering to catch up, munching some grass, then cantering up again. It was a bit wild!! Arlee was completely relaxed about him rushing up and past us through some narrow tracks and I was super impressed! Was a lot of fun.

Apaché is very fat at the moment because we had some bad hay that I was overcompensating for by overfeeding it to get rid of it and let them pick out the good bits and giving mixed feeds. Thank goodness some good lucerne has come through now!!!! I feel more confident I can stick to a more normal feeding regimen. Apaché has become more rotund as he also tries to take advantage of any feed Arlee leaves around.

Latest posts

Back