Adventures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the right number of people. 🤣 Is he getting his teeth floated? Mine have had their teeth done, but the tools were not so long.

I’d pitch a fit too if I were Thunder! ;)
Have you seen a sling to float teeth? Vet said easier on the horse to hold the head. No help was needed from me. The vet handled it all

Attachments

• A415CD51-C6AF-4FA4-A6D0-0108C330C870.jpeg
    A415CD51-C6AF-4FA4-A6D0-0108C330C870.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 5
  • D2E4AD5E-702F-41BB-9693-217BB8BE42F2.jpeg
    D2E4AD5E-702F-41BB-9693-217BB8BE42F2.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 3C3DD6AB-9131-4625-B79C-08553312A7A4.jpeg
    3C3DD6AB-9131-4625-B79C-08553312A7A4.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 4
When giving a shot, how many people does it take to hold down one tiny little dwarf who calls himself Thunder?! 🤣🤣 Poor little Thunder hates getting shots, he was bouncing all around. Poor Thunder…or should I say poor Doc! 💕💕

View attachment 47482
Gotta be done, little guy. It may be harder on us than on the horse.

Those pwer tools look so large for minis.😬😬 Do they not make any smaller floating tools? I Remer the hand floaters being smaller.

I realize that their teeth are the same size. I guess I'm just old-fashioned.

Edited to add: or maybe just plain old.😆😆
I'm a little old fashion too. I had asked that she hand float instead of power float. I was nervous when she mentioned using the sling, not knowing. The vet handled everything so well. She let me see before and after the floating.

My vet invested in a set of miniature dental tools. He does attach to the drill for some of the work.
I always have him do Midnight first as her mouth is so tiny he gets worn out working in it, probably a lot like working with Thunder. Dapper Dan is a piece of cake after her!
BTW, has anyone had a vet tell you that your horse's mouth cannot carry a bit? Our vet told Munchkin's owner that.

Packed up Bee and the cart today to head to Crystal Lake Park in NJ.

VideoCapture_20220604-160149.jpg

This was our first time there, but definitely not our last. It has designated horse trailer parking with nice hitching posts, a water spigot, and a mounting ramp for those who ride. There are also pavilions and, most importantly, a really nice bathroom!

VideoCapture_20220604-160022.jpg
The mowed bridlepaths are nice and wide for the carts! It was mostly flat with gentle graded hills. A perfect place to do conditioning. We did sooo much trotting and cantering. It was really lovely! In all we did about 4.5 miles.

Bee said she had so much fun!
VideoCapture_20220604-155759.jpg

BTW, has anyone had a vet tell you that your horse's mouth cannot carry a bit? Our vet told Munchkin's owner that.

I wonder why she can’t carry a bit? Thunder has a severe underbite, but his back teeth line up pretty good and my vet has never once said he wouldn’t be able to carry a bit. That’s interesting, well she could always drive without one, there are other options.

My vet has different size ends and does lots on minis in my area. He has been very gentle and quick. He hand does areas if needed. I would be more concerned if they were just a dentist for equine in my area. But who knows. Just like anything else there are good ones and bad ones. Too bad it is trial and error when picking one.

I was going to get him in the lake but then I got scared 🤪 I took one step in the sand and my foot sank pretty deep. I was afraid he might get stuck in quick sand. Does that happen to tiny horses like it happens to the big horses? I wasn’t sure so I didn’t chance it. 😊 I’ve heard of horses getting stuck and not being able to get out, it happens around here more than one would think.

I didn’t see this sign at this particular park, but I have seen the signs at other parks….C9DE8BBB-B49D-4D6E-A7CE-6FC2E2158A27.jpeg

Latest posts

Back