Adventures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had quite the adventure today! ☺ Stopped by a pet store and let people love all up on her.

1637519758832.png

Also weighed her, she's a whopping 51.6 pounds!

1637519806003.png
1637519825659.png

Then we went to Aldis where she stayed in the van with my mom :) Apparently she kept coming over to the window and whinnying for me to come back, and when I opened up the door to put groceries inside, she pushed past me and hopped out! Went right into her heel position and stood there waiting, so she got to meet quite a few shoppers and help me put away the cart. :)

1637519923134.png

And then, what I'm most excited about, was her first public shopping trip as a service mini! 🎉 She ROCKED IT. She was so calm, focused, and didn't try to interact with anything or anyone. We went to our local dollar general, as they know all about her there and have met her outside of the building before. :) While waiting for her to go potty outside, we started getting followed by a man with his dog, who followed us right into the store. Wanted to show his dog the horse, and admitted he was just a pet; which explains why the dog kept trying to go after Sodapop. Luckily we were able to get away from him, but it still freaked me out a little; Sodapop just didn't care though. 😂

1637520187892.png

1637520204207.png

Here she is showing off how nicely she stays next to me and ignores what's on the shelves next to us, along with interrupting scratching (I don't notice when I scratch, and will leave blood trails through stores, so this is pretty important!).

View attachment video-1637518835.mp4

1st Annual Reindeer Run at the Horse Park of NJ this past Sunday!

I drove Bee, Katie drove Rajah (buckskin), and Kayla drove Finny (chestnut). Kayla owns both Rajah and Finny and was so kind to let Katie drive one of her boys! Finny ended up being the one who still had a motor at the end of a super hilly 4.5 mile course, an obstacle run, and two cones courses! He's a champ!! The hyperbike was super cool too.

received_922398805082382.jpeg
received_2011472415689490.jpeg
VideoCapture_20211205-163538.jpg
Here's a bonus of these festive ladies and their four minis!

How fun! I'm really hoping our event doesn't get canceled with the rain forecast for that day. Finny had the lightest vehicle to pull but looks like he was also the smallest guy so he must be in good condition!

Love the way the 4 are matched too. Thanks for sharing!

I took Midnight to the night parade last night. I only did walking, no cart. Weather was perfect. I thought "this will be a lot easier and she can get exposure". What a disaster. She was very good while we dressed her. Then mlonewolfparade.jpgore floats and vehicles began to arrive. It got noisier and flashier. By the time she was dressed and ready, she began to act up. I thought she would settle down once we got going. She got worse. Just like the summer parade, her behavior escalated as we went along. I was using a new halter and I was hoping it would not break. We did get to visit with some people along the way and she did stand pretty well for petting. The parade did NOT progress at a walking pace so we had to trot a little to catch up a couple of times. By the time we got to the end, her lights were awry and shedding batteries.
My last night parade, ever.
I do think the lights were the worst for her. I know horses see light differently than we do.
I believe I had better control of her in the cart than I did with halter. Either way, I do not think she is intended to be a parade horse. She obviously does not enjoy it.

Sorry it didn't go well, but she is standing beautifully for the picture and I admire you for giving it a try! I think you are right about being in the dark with the lights and all of all the commotion. Probably thinking why are we running? I do have something to be scared of!

Dec 16 - TRT Main
Stormy wanted to go trail driving today since my newly found driving group canceled yesterday because of the wind. He took me to TRT Main Park and I couldn’t ask for a better trail horse! He did absolutely amazing! I am so proud of this little guy!

Stormy was thinking, “Come on Mom! What is taking so long? We got trails to explore!”
EB8A1FE6-52B3-465D-9210-517D31A8DFF7.jpeg

Stormy crossed a bridge for the first time with the cart. He crossed the bridge like a champ, like he had been crossing bridges for years!
5AC45968-FF6B-4168-8BB6-05C6D20DA9CE.jpeg

The confidence building we have been working on lately is really starting to pay off, he is did AWESOME today! Go Stormy go!!
7F8B9232-33B3-4758-AF25-7F69CCFF62B0.jpeg

Latest posts

Back