Adventures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRINITY RIVER TRAILS - ELLIS & FOREST PARKS

Ellis is a small park in the Trinity River Trail System. It is located in an older neighborhood and doesn’t have very many trails. It is a pretty little park that I probably won’t be going back to. You have to walk down a street and cross the street at a red light to continue on the Trinity River Trail, so I wasn’t exactly a fan of that. The trail did take me to Forest Park which was absolutely amazing! I loved this park and will definitely be going back there! Lots of trees, streams, people, shade, bridges, it was really BEAUTIFUL!!!

Breezy & Stormy enjoying the view at Forest Park.
3E71733D-EDCB-4F0D-9BFC-88515E9A8A6D.jpeg

Trinity River Trails - Forest Park
We went to Rocky Creek Park in Crowley but it was closed due to flooding, so we ended up at Forest Park. Shadow and Thunder were still a little nervous about bikers, but at least there weren’t that many out on the trail today.

This one man said to me, “horses, wow, you don’t see that everyday!” And of course my reply was “YES I DO!” 😍

Another man asked me, “Are you taking them to a birthday party?” As if a GROWN woman wasn’t allowed to have ponies! I said, “No, I just LOVE ponies, don’t you?” Of course he replied yes.🤣🤣

4848CE5D-5C5F-44C1-A6A0-5C74DAC58AEC.jpeg

89293175-4673-40D3-863D-3184A18587AD.jpegShadow & Thunder

We live among some small mountains in SW Oklahoma. I used to go up across the saddle often with Dapper Dan, but I haven't taken Midnight before. It's rather overgrown now, since there are no cattle on it. We kept a good eye out for snakes. She wore her boots for traction on the boulders and I had her on a loose lead so she could find her own way. I think she must be part mountain goat, as she went up and down easily. She did lose a boot one time and luckily we happened to go back down the same way so I found it. Do you know how hard it is to get stick tights out of velcro on boots?? I saw a wild flower I don't have cataloged yet, so that was nice to photograph. Nice breezy day so there were no bugs. The one picture shows our neighbor's buildings so you can get an idea of how high we went. This was only on the saddle; no way we are climbing to the top of the mountain.midnight rock.jpgmidnightrock 2.jpgmidnight rock3.jpg

OAK VALLEY TRAIL

Oak Valley Trail is in Burleson, TX, only 15 minutes from my house. I am not sure if horses are allowed or not, so away we went to test our luck. 🤣 I couldn’t find any info about horses on their website, luckily no one said anything to me. I am guessing horses must be allowed, why else would they have a hitching post along the trail???!!! Ok, maybe it is a fence… but whatever 😝😘💕

DF0ACF5C-98AB-4874-9B68-4C68B7B15A72.jpeg
Stormy & Breezy

There is a state park near me with a trail. I took Dapper Dan in cart on a few times. Then my sister and friend decided to drive it. We got a mile down the trail and the Trail Police rudely told us no horses were allowed. I have never seen a single person any time I've done that trail with my horse--who would we have bothered?? We asked how we were supposed to know that, since we saw no signage that restricted equines. We were supposed to ask first!

There is a state park near me with a trail. I took Dapper Dan in cart on a few times. Then my sister and friend decided to drive it. We got a mile down the trail and the Trail Police rudely told us no horses were allowed. I have never seen a single person any time I've done that trail with my horse--who would we have bothered?? We asked how we were supposed to know that, since we saw no signage that restricted equines. We were supposed to ask first!
That's how it is here too! I have called every park and gotten a big no!
We do have two horse parks though each a short drive away. They charge $20.00 to drive there.

I did ask first… I asked Google LOL LOL😂

$20? Thats crazy 😝

Why wouldn’t horses be allowed in every park? They are much cooler than dogs! And everyone gets a kick out of seeing them! 💕💕

I did ask first… I asked Google LOL LOL😂

$20? Thats crazy 😝

Why wouldn’t horses be allowed in every park? They are much cooler than dogs! And everyone gets a kick out of seeing them! 💕💕
Equines have the right of way everywhere. Bicyclists don't like horses. Horses that take fright at strollers or roller bladers could be a danger. It should be posted at the park.

Candleridge Park

What a beautiful morning at Candleridge Park! Breezy and I got a walk in before it gets up to 105 degrees. This park is located in Fort Worth. I am not sure if horses are allowed at this park but I did see a sign that had park rules on it. One of the rules was: no riding, no tethering, and no pasturing animals. Since I wasn’t riding I figured I was good. 😁 No one told me otherwise and everyone loved seeing my little pony! 💕

Breezy
4B6A8E10-74B4-4BEE-AD9F-169901A3A5F3.jpeg

Not an adventure of my choosing, but this morning I was ponying my horses on the golf cart. When I passed a neighbor's house, a big red hound dog came gallumping out. The horses were startled of course. I thought he would go back in his yard but he followed us for a mile. Sometimes he went up behind the horses as though to nip, but I know hounds are not nippers. The horses kept an eye on him but were not too alarmed. I stopped about half a mile and got out to check them and the big galoot jumped all over me. When I got about a mile, we passed a guy who is building a course for his bird dogs. I think his truck had bird cages so my hound friend deserted us to be fascinated by the bird truck. The guy tried to run him off. I hurried away with my horses while the hound was distracted, hoping he wouldn't follow. The owner was contacted and hurried over to get his dog, which was responsible of him. I think he was chagrined to have his dog causing trouble. I had no phone or whip with me; just out for a morning exercise jaunt. Horses had some gravel in their boots, which probably happened when they startled at the dog. Never saw the dog before; guess he is a new resident. Oh, joy.

TRT - CLEARFORK

I took Shadow to the Clearfork trailhead this morning. He is afraid of bicycles so I decided to take him today, Sunday, since I knew the trail would be packed with them….and I was right! I am sooooo mean LOL LOL 🤣

I ground drove him because I wanted him out front and looking at ALL the bikes as they went zooming by. He spooked several times, didn’t knock me over so that’s a plus….and didn’t knock anyone off their bike! 🤣

When we got to the turn around point, I let him eat some grass. Why is it that when a horse starts eating grass nothing scares them?!! 😝 As he was eating bikes went speeding by and nothing fazed him. On the way back, I wouldn’t say he was COMPLETELY desensitized, but he is getting there. 😍

42B7610F-F442-4357-9AE9-5FCD2693302C.jpeg

Shadow and I had such a great little adventure this morning, soooo much fun!

TRT - OAKMOUNT PARK
We started our morning with a beautiful walk at Oakmount Park. There were tons of trees and plenty of shade. Shadow did great with the few bikes that went whizzing by, he didn’t even spoke once, woohoo! 🥳 And I will note that today I did notice a change in him. He is growing more and more confident in himself with each adventure we go on.

6117DF1A-C2A8-43AE-A63B-B099F0D161E3.jpeg

1D38DCB2-35BB-4869-B330-0802D00404DF.jpeg

Then on our way home we ended up stopping at Longhorn Park which in on Benbrook Lake. It was absolutely gorgeous!!

5E1DFDC7-BA51-449A-BFDC-58597812DA72.jpeg

0448BB75-E2C5-44F1-9001-7CA85DC00ED5.jpeg

AEFEAF05-B6FD-46B9-A4D7-3DD427D2ABA7.jpeg

F1515B22-ED55-4EF7-B3AF-33730FF5F325.jpeg

We went to the elevator yesterday to weigh again. Our little group seems to change each time. Some come back, others don't want to work that hard. I am leading Midnight, and tried to get a picture of some of the group approaching the scale. Dapper Dan was down to #240 and Midnight is holding at #280. I can't seem to get her to lose. Everyone who sees her compliments her on how nice she looks, and think her weight looks fine, but I know she needs to lose. At least she is not gaining any. Dapper Dan got out of sight for a while and she turned into a screaming mess. I wish I had been able to record that on my phone--it would have been a perfect "ring tone"! Dapper Dan and Jackie O are walking nicely together.
elevator aug 13.jpg

Latest posts

Back