Adventures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

HersheyMint

HersheyMint
Reaction score

Kelly

Reaction score
I have tried to use Easy boots on Stormy. The first size was too small, couldn’t get his foot in it. I went up a size but it was too big and he would walk out of them. I tried putting socks on him along with cushions in the bottom of the boot, still didn’t work. So I gave up on boots. 🤣🤣

My horses sometimes slip when jumping out of the van depending on the surface but never so bad that they fall over. They usually only slip with one foot, nothing I am overly concerned about. I could always put a towel down for them to jump onto to prevent slipping. Once out of the van I have never had them slip in stores or on various surfaces. I went into a store one time and thought, oh boy this floor looks really slick, but the horses didn’t have any problems. The only time I have been truely concerned and worried was when I was driving Stormy downhill on concrete. He started slipping so bad that I did get out of the cart. That was pretty scary! Once I got out of the cart he was fine going downhill pulling the empty cart on the concrete.

Mine have never pooped in the stores. If they did I would probably just laugh!! 🤣🤣 Then I would lecture them about how it isn’t polite to poop in stores and they would probably just look at me like they always do… with love in their eyes & think “here she goes again, Mom is crazy… bla, bla, bla” LOL LOL Then I would go to the checkout line and get a few plastic bags to clean it up. Not overly concerned about them pooping in stores because they LOVE pooping in my van. Stormy waits to poop & pee until he is in the van!! 🤪🤪

HersheyMint

HersheyMint
Reaction score
I have tried to use Easy boots on Stormy. The first size was too small, couldn’t get his foot in it. I went up a size but it was too big and he would walk out of them. I tried putting socks on him along with cushions in the bottom of the boot, still didn’t work. So I gave up on boots. 🤣🤣

My horses sometimes slip when jumping out of the van depending on the surface but never so bad that they fall over. They usually only slip with one foot, nothing I am overly concerned about. I could always put a towel down for them to jump onto to prevent slipping. Once out of the van I have never had them slip in stores or on various surfaces. I went into a store one time and thought, oh boy this floor looks really slick, but the horses didn’t have any problems. The only time I have been truely concerned and worried was when I was driving Stormy downhill on concrete. He started slipping so bad that I did get out of the cart. That was pretty scary! Once I got out of the cart he was fine going downhill pulling the empty cart on the concrete.

Mine have never pooped in the stores. If they did I would probably just laugh!! 🤣🤣 Then I would lecture them about how it isn’t polite to poop in stores and they would probably just look at me like they always do… with love in their eyes & think “here she goes again, Mom is crazy… bla, bla, bla” LOL LOL Then I would go to the checkout line and get a few plastic bags to clean it up. Not overly concerned about them pooping in stores because they LOVE pooping in my van. Stormy waits to poop & pee until he is in the van!! 🤪🤪
I love reading your story adventures. Your minis defiantly get their humor from their mom 😍 :);)

Abby P

Reaction score
I have heard people say they use the Build-a-Bear sneakers on their therapy minis for non-slip! Cheap (well, as horse boots go, certainly expensive for teddy bear shoes) and do the job just fine. :)

Kelly

Reaction score
@kimbalina No peacocks! 😝 the only cock around here… oh wait… what… ahhhh yes, no PEAcocks 🤣🤣 have heard they are REAL noisy but IDK 🤷🏻‍♀️

Went over to my friend Julie’s house today and ground drove Breezy. He did GREAT! Didn’t get any pics of him, but I did get a pic of Julie loading her horse Hollee in my van, such good practice! Her pony is 36 inches tall in case you all were wondering 😜😜

7A966F6B-0F04-4D50-9FE1-0A8DC0D50800.jpeg

Last edited:

Marsha Cassada

Reaction score
Today we went for a long walk across town to a park. A long metal bridge, and the horses went over it fine. The horses did fine, but we were very tired girls when we got back to the trailers.
I took the sulky as I was planning to have them there when I put Billy to the sulky the first time, but he was not tired, and too excited at being around other horses, so I did a little ground driving and called it a day.
My sister took the photo and she was holding another horse, so we were quite an interesting group on the streets.

Attachments

• park group.jpg
    park group.jpg
    593.2 KB · Views: 0
  • park bridge.jpg
    park bridge.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts