ADS Webinar - Intro to Combined Driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhineStone

Reaction score
From the ADS website:

An Introduction to Combined Driving with Andy Marcoux

Does Combined Driving sound like something that you'd like to do? Are you signed up for an event, and not sure what to expect? Did you drive in an event, and spend a lot of time wondering what the heck was going on? Combined Driving is the carriage driving version of Three-Day-Eventing. It's exciting, challenging, and most of all fun!

Andy Marcoux has been training carriage driving horses for nearly 20 years. He's a frequent Combined Driving competitor, as well as Judge. In this ADS Webinar Andy will give you an overview of Combined Driving, with what you'll need to know as you get started in this exciting sport.

Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Time: 7:00 - 8:00 pm CDT

Go to the American Driving Society website to sign up: www.americandrivingsociety.org Click on the Webinars sidebar.

Oh, and it is still FREE!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't already signed up for this free webinar, be sure to do so today so you are ready tomorrow!
default_aktion033.gif

Ok, back to cleaning my house for my webinar party!

Myrna

I learned that once you go through a hazard gate wrong, the other gates are "dead" until you correct it. However, Chad didn't think it was a good idea to go through them anyway because the volunteers may not know that and charge you 20 points for each gate went through.

What did you learn?

Myrna

I learned a whole bunch - and so did my husband. The most important thing to me was that Training level is really for beginners and that the hazards aren't scored at Training Level. And in cones there is no big advantage to going really fast, as all you have to do is come under the allotted time and not knock down cones to score a zero! Now I can't decide if I should enter the CDE (really a one day HDT) in June or volunteer.

Sounds like a lot of VSE drivers were on there; I wonder how many of them are on this forum?

That little tidbit about cones was a surprise to me also. Of course, I always seem to look AT one cone, and you know what he said about that! I loved his comment about turnout points (I am still wearing my bright pink hat!) versus a good walk; but if I don't goof it up, my little Butch Cassidy has an awesome walk on a long rein. I agree that CDE competitors are very friendly and helpful and I think that we VSE whips tend to seek each other out, more so than the "biggies". At ICDE in 2009, all 5 of us reached section A start at the same time, causing IWWI president Dave S. to comment about do we all go everywhere together. Later that day 4 of us ended up in the bathroom simultaneously, and had a good laugh about it! I really was impressed with Andy's willingness to stay late and continue his presentation, I will probably watch the program again when it is available on the ADS site.

Targetsmom, you can participate and volunteer, too! The beauty of CDEs is that each go is individual, so when you are not driving you can help.

The recorded webinar will be on the ADS website eventually.

Myrna

Back