ADS Pleasure Driving Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerocket

Reaction score
Hey - anyone want to compete in an ADS Pleasure driving show?

Even non-members can compete.. for an additional non-member fee.. and if 3 or more minis enter a class (as VSE) they will offer a class just for VSE! Just put your entry in the small pony classes and note that you would prefer to be in VSE if it is offered.

I am planning on attending and competing my gelding Platinum.. No, we have never competed in anything... nothing.. nada.. only one color class at an AMHR show.. nothing in harness. I don't care how we do.. just want to go and participate and learn something.

This place claims to be a great place for beginning drivers.

No martingales or overchecks/sidechecks allowed... and be sure and take the cart off the horse BEFORE taking off the bridle or the reins.. or you will be eliminated... I can send you more rule stuff (am and ADS member) if you PM me and ask for it.

So.. are you near Nashville or Knoxville or Murphreesboro TN???? (show is closest to Murphreesboro).. then enter before July 30th... or just come out and watch!!

www.cannoncarriagedrivingcenter.com is the website.. choose the Pleasure Driving Classic.. and print off the prize list (on the left) and the directions..

Could be a whole lotta fun!!! Hey Marty - hope you will come watch at least.. would love to meet you in person... and did you notice my new logo (courtesy of Christine!!!)

Hope to see you there... now to convince my hubby that my gelding and I can compete.. and start practicing now!! Show is Friday, Saturday and Sunday....

JJay

PS other Lil Beginnings forum members who have done this before.. any advice???????? its a Pleasure driving show.

I'd love to go but not a chance with Holly like she is.

I love Woodbury. Love it over there, but it's a day trip for us so I don't dare leave her unattattended. Nuts too because I sure could use the driving education. Maybe next time.

Looks like we won't go after all.... decided we were "putting the cart before the horse" going to compete at an ADS Pleasure show when we had never even SEEN on. So instead... I am using the funds to join the local ADS driving club.. and possibly take some ADS driving lessons... and hope to compete there next year.

Also hoping to purchase a 4 wheel vehicle for my future matched Pair.. (and to drive singly as well).

Good Luck Marty with Holly.

Maybe we will come visit you during 127 days!

JJay

Now THAT is my cup of tea! Up until last year that is all I had done...though never with a VSE division I don't think... I loooove a pleasure driving show. sigh.

Latest posts

Back