Addition of Futurity Classes For Shetlands

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belinda

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got a note from Tom Taylor and they plan on adding a couple of classes this year to the Classic Shetland Futurity at Congress and the Area shows.. The classes will be 2 year old stud/gelding class plus 2 year old mare Foundation classes at the Congress and Area shows in 2005. Then in 2006 we will have a 3 year old class for Foundation Pleasure Driving ponies.
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif

I know this is something that all of us showing Foundations were wanting to see happen. I know this still leaves some of them showing with Classics but as time goes on and the Futurity continues to grow we can split off those yearling and weanling classes also.. At least it is a start..
yes.gif

Belinda Bagby

Classic Committee Chairman

Hi,

Hope I can answer your question.. The Ponies have to already been Futurity nominated. Up until now the Ponies even if they were Foundation Eligible had to show in the Futurity with the Classics.. There was no divisions , Just Classics so now, those horses , that had to show last year with the classic's as yearlings can now be entered into the 2 yr. old Foundation Futurity class..

They are not starting a new Futurity just dividing some of the classes.. Hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to email me or you can also call..
yes.gif
yes.gif

Belinda

Congress and the Area National shows had Foundation Yearling Futurity classes already in 2004 - are the new 2 year old Futurity classes in addition to the yearling classes that were already offered in 2004?

Latest posts

Back