ad on Lil beginnings

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevann

Reaction score
I saw an ad on Lilbeginnings for book by Barbara Naviaux Miniature Horses Their Care Breeding and Coat Colors for $400 I think Anybody know who has the ad and if the price is right?I can't seem to find the ad when I search for it.I would like to contact the seller to see if the price is correct or a misprint. Thanks My limited computer knowledge sometimes hinders me when I am searching for things.

Many people have this book. If supposedly that is the going rate, which I would never pay, just ask to borrow someone's copy...or check the library. That's more than I'd pay for any book.

If had that book somewhere you can bet I am going to look for it and

post it for sale for much less then that LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I almost bought this book at the World Show a couple of years ago for like $35 or something. Wish I had now. LOL

A few years ago I had borrowed that book from a friend of mine and wanted my own copy so I searched online for it and I also found it for the high prices as others but I got lucky one day and I think it was here on the LB sale page that someone was selling theirs and I think I paid something like $50 for it.

I'd like to know why it costs so much money
default_new_shocked.gif

OMG, I have that book and it is sitting on my bookshelf right now. I'm shocked it is that valuable.

My 2 cents! Years ago when the book was published it was full of information that many of us now "oldsters" were seeking. We didn't have the internet highway like we do now that one can go and click on ask a question and there is the answer! The internet has in my opinon hurt those that like to buy books and read/ those that sell books. This book I would never sell! I have always said it was like a Bible to me! Photos of many we knew back then and are in the breeding forefront yet today. Somuch useful knowledge and easily understood, well written. I imagine there are some like me that treasure our copies. It is out of print so if you can pry one away from someone go for it! The pages have been turned many times on mine! Treasure it always !

We published this book in 1999 and it originally retailed for $45.00 plus shipping.

The book is currently out of print. They have come up for sale on the LB sale board from time to time and do show up on online used bookstores occaisionally. Once a book is out of print the current cost is whatever the client is willing to pay.

It is an excellent Hard cover book covering care, breeding, and Barbara's special interest...coat colors, with many color photographs in addition to the black and white photos and illustrations.

We often hear that people loaned their book out never to be seen again.

It is available in libraries and you may be able to see a copy through an interlibrary loan.

Hope this is helpful to you in understanding.

Its a great book. As said above back when I started there was very little info outside of this book. It must be out of print now? I will have to find my copy.

Just did a search to find one and the cheapest I can find is $160.00. None listed on ebay at the moment.

I've always wanted one *sigh*

But I can't afford those prices!

I believe that ad said that particular book was a first edition.

I have one also that I bought at a R show, at a tack vendors trailer,

for $35.00, in 2002.

Just pulled it off the shelf, says it is a first printing, also.

Wonder if there was more than one printing?

It's a informative book.

It is an excellent book.Several years ago I bought copies to give to Newbies who purchased a horse from me.I have an extra copy and was just wondering if $400 was a misprint.Now that I know It is not a misprint I will have to decide how much to sell it for and hope someone wants to buy it.I'm getting older and cleaning out my bookshelf of horse books.I have so many I'm working on my list to post on Lilbeginnings.Thanks for all the info.I would NEVER sell my only copy.It is such a great reference book with amazing photos.When I get the book list done I have to start on my old Mini magazines-some from 1986/ and later .My kids don't want them and they have really great photos of Rowdy,Egyptian King and other historic Minis.I am a history nut and love reading about the old stuff and the horses that got us to where we are today.As a breed Minis have come a long way and have had many changes.

I LOVE mine! So much I broke the spine....
default_no.gif

I'd love for her to update it (so much new information!) and release it again. It's a MARVELOUS book.

Just came across this old thread regarding Barbara Naviaux's wonderful book "Miniature Horses". I have this very book up on the "Little Horse Barn" auction site with approx 2 days left until the end of the auction. Ir is listed in the "Fundraiser for Bill and Wannalyn Chapman" section. I cherished this book while I had Minis (sold out after 23 years of breeding last year) I always considered Barbara's book the "BIBLE" of the Miniature Horse industry, and I know many others did as well. I referred to this book a lot, but took VERY good care of it....it is in LIKE NEW condition and is a 1999 first edition.

Just thought I'd let people know there is one available right now at this link....

http://www.thelittlehorsebarn.com/cgi-bin/auction/catlisting?cmd=do_cat_listing&categoryID=404

ALL PROCEEDS WILL BE SENT TO WW MINIATURE HORSE FARM TO AID IN THEIR RECOVERY EFFORTS!

Blessing to all of you who have helped in any way toward the Chapman's recovery!

While the original post is older, the book prices are still the same on Amazon. However, don't expect anyone to pay that on ebay or anywhere else. The going price is between $50 - $60. Since the prices are still the same on Amazon, they aren't selling them either.

Latest posts

Back