A way to "beat the heat!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtrrae

Reaction score
I feel so sorry for the horses, between the heat and the flys they are just miserable.

I decided to try putting a big fan right outside the gate-at first they were a bit apprehensive but not any more!!

Here they are with their fan:

heat-fan1.jpg

Here is a view from the other side:

heat-fan2.jpg

And another view:

heat-fan3.jpg

They still use their "swimming" pool but as soon as it gets HOT, theyare standing by the gate looking for their fan! It is funny because sometimes my 3 little fillies stand there even when it is not on!!

Hi Donna, Look like they are really enjoying there fan....and who would ever think your horses are spoiled!
yes.gif
biggrin.gif
wub.gif
rolleyes.gif
This has sure been a horrible year for heat and flies. Corinne

These are great pictures! I love them! I have a huge barn fan in the old cinder block barn too and the horses love it, some hog it and one day I came down and 3 little foals were standing there and the fan had gotten unplugged, I had to laugh at them.

What a great idea! Love those pictures. They all look very happy and healthy. This has been a miserable summer here (NC).

Last edited by a moderator:
Donna that is a great idea! They are loving it!!!

I just mounted two more fans in the new big barn where mine are all hold up....(sigh).........I got the last two fans in the whole store!

WONDERFUL PICTURES!
aktion033.gif
Shows just how much they LOVE even just a little bit of air!
yes.gif

We installed 6 HUGE industrial fans in our barn last year.(and it's a small 10 mini stall barn) They sure have come in handy THIS summer! It's been so hot that I only let the horses out early morning & then later in the evening....but even then, they are waiting to get back into the "air cooled" barn after just a couple hours.
biggrin.gif

aktion033.gif
GOOD MAMA DONNA!
aktion033.gif

No wonder your horses just love you. Those pictures make me want to drive down and put up one of my lame cabanas!

Are they served cool beet pulp cocktails poolside every evening at 4!?
rolleyes.gif

That's so awesome! Thanks for sharing those photos of HAPPY HORSES!

Cindy

saludando.gif

Hope my two don't see that! They will definatly be begging for the same
biggrin.gif

What a nice thing for you to do for your horses. Maxine

What a GREAT idea! I just wish I could afford to put a big fan like that out by all NINE pastures/paddocks we have! Oh....and also for our big horses too!

Thank heaven our temps are only in the 90's.......and nights are down in the 50's.

MA

That picture is terrific.

What a fantastic idea. The horses readily accept the design which says it all.

Great job, I love it.

saludando.gif

Tommy

Cute pictures!
yes.gif

We do the same thing but we hang them on the outside of the barn instead. We started out with one fan for 5 horses but that didnt work. They didnt want to share.
wacko.gif
So now we have 2 hanging out there and it seems to be working pretty good. Not sure if they have finally learned how to share or if they are just too hot to chase eachother away from the fans.
unsure.gif

How do you go about hanging your fans up safely? What do you use?

Dona - where/how did you install the big industrial fans?

I saw some huge fans at the Tractor Supply store but they were so big I wasn't sure where to put them. I never thought of putting them outside.

Freida

How do you go about hanging your fans up safely? What do you use?

Dona - where/how did you install the big industrial fans?

I saw some huge fans at the Tractor Supply store but they were so big I wasn't sure where to put them. I never thought of putting them outside.

Freida

What a great idea! Hey, I'm going to go pull out our box fans we use at the shows that we keep in the trailer, and hook them up to the gates. Should work just as easy as it does on the stall grills at shows! Wow, fantastic idea! Wish I'd read a post like this last weekend when it was over 100 here.

Latest posts

Back