A used Equipage System

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marnie

Reaction score
It is 5 or 6 yrs old and has 4 halter monitors with it. Some monitors are newer, ones a yr old. Can you give me some idea what you would ask for it if reselling it? Thanks.

I just purchased new and knew someone with a 7 or 8 year old used system (she wasn't positive how old...hmmm), so here are my reasons.

The seller of the used system (2 halter monitors and the rest of the setup) wanted 400.00. I usually will not buy used unless the savings are around 1/2 the cost of new, because there's no guarantee. I don't know how the components were stored when not in use, etc. They may or may not be in good shape and may or may not last for many more years.

The system I went with (Equifone) was under 500.00 new with one halter monitor, and the mare "calls" me when she's flat out!

So for what that's worth....I hope it helps.

A new unit with one monitor that calls you is less then $500.00 so I would think a 5 yr old unit even with the extra monitors well $200.00 or so seems to be a fair price

This surprises me that the units went down in price, most things don't go down in price. I paid 8 or 9 hundred for this with one monitor and then each one was $100 extra. Just for the heck of it, I'm going on their site to see if they really went down that much, I'd be impressed. But thanks for that info.

I am not sure where you guys are looking, I looked at the Equipage and they are not that cheap. I paid $1000 fo rmy Equipage system and would not sell it for less than half that. I have the pager, phone dialer, and two monitors.

I just looked, it's $599 and each extra monitor is $99. But it has come down in price.

My mistake I was looking at the equiphone not the equipage I am thinking the difference is one has a pager and the other somehow dials your phone?

Yes, I felt like the less expensive Equifone system including auto-dialer (which is an add-on to the Equipage system) offered equal monitoring for less $.

Marnie, the extra monitors you have would make me expect pay another 150 or so, in addition to the basic setup. So for what you are offering, I would think 400 or so is very fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I just ordered last monday a equipage system and 2 more transmitters, and it was $809 something with shipping. This is the one with the pager, and I figured I could add more transmitters, or the equiphone add on later if I wanted.

I was hoping to find a used breeder alert or equipage, but I missed out on one on the saleboard, so I decided just to order it new.

Marnie,

Are you looking to buy or sell. I am currently getting ready to purchase a equipage system so if you are selling let me know. Thanks!

I'm not ready to sell it yet. I sold 4 more mares so only have 6 left. I have alot of people interested in them, but not sure I can let the last few go. I've had most of these so long, they feel like family, I'm sure some of you guys know how I feel. So I'm not sure yet if it'll be for sale or not. Thanks for the replys everyone.

Latest posts

Back