A trick for no-crease eyeshadow!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
I've known for years that if you coated Phillip's Milk of Magnesia on you, like your armpits, it blocks sweating. One time I dabbed it on my face with a papertowel before putting on make up and it did keep my face from sweating. You have to put on a few coats though!

Last week I got to thinking about how if I put on eye shadow, it's caked into the creases almost right away and ruins my make up within minutes. We were talking here about products to buy that stop that problem.

I experimented and I used my fingertip dipped in milk of magnesia and coated my eyelids 3 times. Then I put on my eye shadow. Not only did my shadow stay perfect all day, but for 3 days until I decided to take it off! It was awesome!

And one bottle will last forever and is much cheaper than those expensive products!

I had no idea it would stop sweating!!!

Once in awhile, I wear eyeshadow, but I don't think I ever get it "right" as far as blending, colors, etc. I have looked at the diagrams, but I never think it comes out nice on me
default_sad.png
I need someone to show me HOW to apply it (and now I know how to make it stay!).

Ok Robin, you could have posted this last month before I spent all kinds of money on those expensive products. Lol. Three days? Wow! Once I use up those expensive products, I'm definately going to try this! Just curious, did it turn your eyelid white before you applied the eyeshadow? I'm assuming you let it dry after each of the three applications? Also, do you wear powder, cream, gel shadow?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, you do apply it 2-3 times. It dries fast! If you put it on your face (forehead & all over) it is clear but you have to watch out you don't get it on too heavy or it is slightly white. (in that case I gently rub some off) But you put your make up on top of it so not a biggie.

I use powder shadow. I shook the bottle, took off the lid and dipped my finger into the tiny bit that was in the lid. Coated each lid a few times, letting it dry between coats (pretty much instant) Then I put on my shadow. The shadow looked awesome until I took it off almost 4 days after putting it on! I never touched it up.

This trick tp help your face from sweating is something I always meant to put on one of those showing tip threads but never got to.

See! Thats what I love about the internet! You get to meet awesome people, and you learn amazing things.
default_smile.png

I used to wear eyeshadow everyday. But because it wore off so quickly, it wasn't really worth the effort of putting it on. Now that I'm learning ways to keep it on, I'm trying to get back into the swing of using it. Your way has an added bonus though, I'm a big girl living in the desert, who HATES to sweat. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your body needs to sweat for a reason. Not to mention the pore clogging issue.

I don't dip my whole self in it LOL. I remember showing in summer and my face running with sweat. Oklahoma in summer?? WHEW!

I wish I'd known about this back then.

I think my eye lids can live without sweating
default_smile.png
I only wear eye shadow if I leave the house and I go months at a time without doing that. So I doubt a little m-o-m once in a while to set my eye shadow won't hurt anything.

Just curious...do you use makeup brushes (like paintbrushes) to apply eyeshadow, or applicator sticks that come with most shadows?

Latest posts

Back