A trend I'm questioning...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been seeing more and more booths at town events that offer kissing animals. I think this is one of those things that could go horribly wrong. In the first place, parents should be teaching their children to respect unknown animals. In our stuffed-animals-world, I think people are forgetting that animals are unpredictable.
And it is also very unsanitary. A parent would freak out at his child drinking out of a garden hose, but will pay money to let the child kiss an animal.
What are people thinking?

I kiss my horses' noses all the time--theside of the muzzle where there is no hair, really, and the skin is nice and soft. I know which ones not to kiss because they might bite or jerk their head and pop me in the teeth. I am aware of the dangers of getting bit, but am not too worried with my horses. I hope the people doing these booths know which of their horses not to put in that booth. Unsanitary? I am not worried about the horses. My dogs? You couldn't pay me to kiss any one of them BLECH. Cats--i "kiss" them but not actually kiss them.

I might consider kissing my own animal if I had one. But an unknown animal that has been kissed by many people with unknown germs, no thank you. I will pet them then wash my hands before having any type of food.

I kiss my own on the nose ever since they were only a few months old, they’re now 7yrs old!! In fact Misty loves it and sticks her nose in my face all the time wanting kisses ❤️

Attachments

• 0515DC14-A455-47DA-B068-FAFC5AF1733E.jpeg
    0515DC14-A455-47DA-B068-FAFC5AF1733E.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2
  • C7E84B82-AEA2-4B86-AB8E-472DC939E4AA.jpeg
    C7E84B82-AEA2-4B86-AB8E-472DC939E4AA.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 2
  • FBA08510-FE48-4674-A87F-A9C594204D49.jpeg
    FBA08510-FE48-4674-A87F-A9C594204D49.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 2
  • CF07F059-FA3A-4578-8F80-F5601C8E9714.jpeg
    CF07F059-FA3A-4578-8F80-F5601C8E9714.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2
I might consider kissing my own animal if I had one. But an unknown animal that has been kissed by many people with unknown germs, no thank you. I will pet them then wash my hands before having any type of food.
I'm with you Angie! I was at the fair sitting on a bench watching people petting goats on their foreheads then walking right by the hand sanitizing station outside the pen and stopping to purchase cotton candy, tearing it off with their hands and popping it in their mouths. They did look happy though and most likely are alive and well.

I do kiss my gelding and have caught the woman who does body work on him kissing him! He is pretty irresistible.

Never thought true kissing booths were a good idea anyway haha but I do enjoy pictures of horses in "kissing booths" that are just props.

I.... uh.... kiss my minis on the nose often. I taught Miss May to kiss me back too... and I LOVE kissing Dominick on the nose, his is just so soft and squishy. My QH on the other hand has flinched and bopped me one too many times when I tried so none for him lol

Latest posts

Back