A terrible night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniforFaith

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help. I noticed Bulldog eye because of the blood. But there is something wrong with Lucy. Bulldog is eating and drinking. Lucy is just looking at the wall. She won't look at me when I talk to her, she isn't eating hay or anything. I can't see any blood or any signs of injury. I was petting Bulldog and she reached over him to nip me. Can she just be still scared or can it be something else? She is just standing there. I feel so bad, this night isn't getting better.. :no: Any suggestions? Like I said, I've only owned my mini's for about a month. I've had no other horse experience. So I'm not sure of body lang.

Jodie

Can you look her over to see if she's got abrasions or swelling that might suggest an injury to her head/brain? (I know you said you looked, but what about trying to shine a light into her eye and watch pupil response. Might have her restrained so she doesn't freak out and hurt you.)

I don't know what to tell you other than to keep an eye on her.

It almost seems like she may have diminished eyesight, but again I can't see her and I'm no vet, either.

I wish you could get a vet out there.....I know it would help me get through an otherwise very long night.

I hope for the best and I'm sorry for what's happened.

Liz M.

Last edited by a moderator:
CAn you look her over to see if she's got abrasions or swelling that might suggest an injury to her head/brain?

I don't know what to tell you other than to keep an eye on her.

It almost seems like she may have diminished eyesight, but again I can't see her and I'm no vet, either.

I wish you could get a vet out there.....I know it would help me get through an otherwise very long night.

I hope for the best and I'm sorry for what's happened.

Liz M.
I have checked her over everywhere.. The vet said she would be out First thing in the morning. I know I won't sleep. I'm so upset and worried, that my stomach is in knots. Thanks for trying to help. I'm home by myself, the kids are in bed and I'm just a nervous wreck. I wish I knew more about them.. I feel helpless.. I have a friend on standby for the Bull. I've never shot a gun.. But my husband has them and has since called home and is worried about me keep going out with it on the loose. I just pray the beast stays away, he's done enough damage for one night..
default_sad.png

I hope your horses will be feeling better soon and the vet gets out to you early.

Robin

Hello,

I am sorry you are going through this. I'm not sure what happened tho? The VET will be of a great help to you, so glad you called one.

We are more than happy to help you here with what we can and am so glad you came here. It is always BEST TO CALL A VET, as we can only share our experiences with you.

Beth

How is your mare this morning?

I hope when your husband gets home & it's daylight he'll get a shot at that bull--since you couldn't find the owner, & the police or animal control won't do anything about him, shooting him seems to be the thing to do. Useless police. I bet they'd move quick if that bull could be herded into town, & let him run amok there.

I do not want to worry you more then you are but did you see if maybe the bull could be rabbid,I hope he was not. I really feel for your sorrow, and hope your horses get better and calm down , I would not think twice in shooting the bull but since I have no guns I do not know what I would do.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your minis. And I hope you find the owner of the bull and give him the vet bill.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not want to worry you more then you are but did you see if maybe the bull could be rabbid,I hope he was not. I really feel for your sorrow, and hope your horses get better and calm down , I would not think twice in shooting the bull but since I have no guns I do not know what I would do.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your minis. And I hope you find the owner of the bull and give him the vet bill.
I suppose the bull could be rabid, but more likely just "love sick". At this time of year bulls are obnoxious and on the fight as the cows are coming into heat after calving.

We raise cattle and so far this spring the bulls have; broken 2 boards in the fence by the water tank, pushed one bull through the fence into my BILs hay field, pushed another bull through the fence into our hay field, broken several strands of their barbed-wire fence (fixed as we go). And, to top it off... We bought 4 new bulls for the season and within a week of turning the new ones out with the existing six; we had a new one break a leg (now that's expensive hamburger).

Latest posts

Back