A sidepull noseband or bitless bridle for minis??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

secuono

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a tack section here, so asking in this area.

I'm looking around for adjustable noseband or bridle that is a sidepull/bitless style. Not micro tiny mini sized, nor borderline pony sized. Thus, I want it to be adjustable or come in many sizes to fit perfectly.

Similar to these-
131.jpgte_ponysidepull2_d.jpg

I'm starting to think that I'll have to make my own or simply continue using halters, and that's not a problem. It'd just be nice for them to have a thinner halter/proper bridle to work in. They currently have the thick, flat nylon halters & they're a bit bulky. Would be nice to have something lighter for work.
🤔 Maybe I should start looking for thin halters instead...

I should note, NO leather! Can't tell you how much I hate leather & how it's too humid here for them anyway. No rope in any fashion, either!

If only it had a regular throatlatch.
I designed the side pull bitless bridle that Chimacum Tack is selling. I have tried many different ones over the years and the kind that has this lower chin strap instead of a regular throat latch is the ONLY kind that doesn't twist. Not only is this important when using an open side pull bridle but it becomes absolutely necessary when you add blinders. That lower chin strap is the stablizer for this bridle. We won't make it with a regular throat latch because it won't function properly that way.

If only it had a regular throatlatch.

I’ve used regular sidepulls on my big horses and if I ever bought another one, I would get one that was designed like Chimacum’s. If you get the kind with a regular throatlatch, the cheek pieces have a tendency to go into the horses eyes.👀 As Mindy previously said, the lower strap stabilizes the rest of the bridle. If you just want a simple bitless noseband converter instead of a whole bridle, check out Two Horse Tack. They make a converter noseband for $28. (You might have already seen their site though because the noseband picture you posted was theirs, but just in case I figured I’d mention them anyway.) You’ll likely still have the problem of the cheek pieces going into the horses’ eyes though without the stabilizing strap as that’s the problem that I always had with side pulls.If you decide to look for thinner halters instead of bridles, I LOVE Chimacum’s betathane halters. I have the 3/4” width for Coady and the 1/2” skinny width for little Rosie and I love them!

This is Rosie in her 1/2” wide beta halter. Her hooves were wrapped in vetwrap because she had a farrier appointment the following day and her hooves are like little rocks, so the farrier requests that I wrap them with wet gauze the night before lol!
6D4F2E02-C898-42A0-B170-7422DFED8684.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back