A show soon

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Fortune

Reaction score
I have a show coming up on the 31st, and I didnt show last year. This is going to be my first show in over a year. I am so nervous & excited all at once. Im afraid I will forget something or screw up. I think I am going to do only 5 classes. Showmanship, Multicolor, Geldings, some sort of jumping class & a obstacle course. Ive never taken my horse in any performance classes because he has always been too young.

Any advice or tips or anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead.

Lorna

QUEEN OF NERVOUS WRECK SHOW PEOPLE AT YOUR SERVICE....varoommmmmmmmmmm!

I'd start loading your trailer today with as much stuff as I could. Put a tack box in there and every time you see something you know you will forget just throw it in there.

I have duplicates of pretty much everything I need that just stay in my trailer: grooming tools, and all accessories, lunge lines, etc. Sheets, halters, ropes.

Take your own hose too and don't forget the gatorade.

I keep a cooler of drinks in there so that's another thing you can do is to get that filled up and all you'll have to do is to buy ice when you pull out.

Keep copies of your papers and coggins in the glove compartment.

After that, just try to take it easy and have a good time.

Don't worry ahead of time about any bloopers you may do or it will consume you.

It's amazing how we worry and think we are going to forget, but suddenly when you hit the ring, it all just falls into place.

Think possitive and enjoy.

Horse shows are supposed to be fun.

Relax & have fun! You will do fine! Its not even your first time!
yes.gif

Well thats just it, Im not worried about forgetting anything. I have my horse go to the farm I boutght him from before a show. That way I can get him all pretty. So he goes in their trailer & I get to use all of their lovely show stuff. I just need to make sure I am prepared for the classes them selves. I need to make sure I know what Im doing. Im not so worried about my little boy. I just want to be able to say "I know what I have to do".

Then sit down and write yourself a list!! You'll be fine, just go and enjoy yourself.

DO NOT FORGET YOUR SHOW CLOTHES!!!

Well, dont I feel silly. I could have thought of that.

But thanks for reminding me. I have forgot my pants once.

Latest posts

Back