A rabbit question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefall

Reaction score
Sorry to post this here but thought someone may know. Got a couple of rabbits from a friend and I want them to drink out of a hanging water bottle.

Will they do that on their own if I take the water bowl out of their pen or do they have to be taught?

Thanks in advance.

depends. if they have never had a water bottle before then they have to be taught, if they have then the'll probally drink on there own.

They will figure it out on their own, but it may take a little while. I'd keep the bowl in the cage until I was sure they knew what the bottle was all about.

Also, if you have the kind of bottle that has the metal tube with the little steel balls in it, you will need to check to make sure the bottle is working. Sometimes a ball will stick in the tube, not letting the water out. You should tap the ball on the end of the tube with your finger. If your fingertip doesn't get wet, the ball is probably stuck inside. You can usually get it free by rinsing and vigorously shaking it.

This goes for ALL caged critters who have never had a water bottle......... I've literally had to put their faces up to the spigot to teach them that there was water there. Do it gently, of course, or you'll just P*ss them off and they won't pay attention. All they'll do is fight you and not realize what you're trying to do.
default_rolleyes.gif

Wonderful suggestions, thanks so much!!!

I've always had the hanging water bottle just a bit above their water bowl, wish I could tell if they used it or not. Oh and I always check to make sure the ball inside the tube is loose.

Latest posts

Back