A question or two about performance HOF's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
When working towards a HOF in jumping, for example, where there are no stake classes or championships, does the horse earn points in both adult/open AND youth?

I actually thought to look in the rule book before I posted my question, but I'm still not completely clear on it. It says how can achieve HOF in both halter and performance if all the requirements are met, etc. But then it goes on to say, "(Special provisions exist for performance categories for which there are no championships. Exception: A horse shown only as a hunter and wins a total of 70 Hall of Fame points in hunter classes but because no hunter championship is offered, at the recommendation of the National office, he can achieve Hall of Fame status in that division.)"

So, what if the horse is not being shown "only as a hunter"? What if he's in other performance classes, as well? Are the requirements still the same, and is it still "at the recommendation" of the Office? And, like I asked at the top, do points earned in Adult and Youth classes count toward the HOF?

I don't mean to make this more complicated than it is. The performance side of things is relatively new for me and I want to make sure I understand things correctly.

In Performance, each class is separate & you must earn the 70 points plus the required wins for each class, so the jumping (in your example) would still need to have the recommendation of the office to receive the HOF.

This is my understanding anyway.

Hey Judy,

In answer to your question....points earned in Open Jumper and Youth Jumper are added together to go towards the Performance Hall of Fame in Jumper. You must have earned 70 points total.

Go take a look at your horses performance record on the club website (go to Show Results, pick AMHR) when you do it will pull up a page where you can look at several things. Go to the Hall of Fame for life of horse and put in your horses registration number. You can see how many points you have earned in each of the divisions that they have participated in. If you horse has earned it's 70 points, you need to call Cathy Buehrer in the show department of the ASPC/AMHR and she'll double check them for you before she sends the message onto Zona for your Hall of Fame plaque.

We have one club down here that puts on nothing but Performance Shows for Miniatures and we have one horse here that only needs one more point (should earn it the middle of October at the October performance show) where that horse will get it's Hall of Fame in Jumper. I know the young lady that owns that horse and she can't wait till that happens. She's so excited about it.

Also, don't forget about the ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Amateur & Youth Award of Excellence. This award is sponsored by the office (doesn't come through the Youth or Amateur committee's). This award was started two years ago and I don't think they have awarded anything through it yet. You can read about it in your rulebook on page 304 of the 2005 ASPC/AMHR Rulebook or go look at it on line from the website.

Part 10-ASPC/AMHR Amateur & Youth Award of Excellence on page 304

This award is like a Hall of Fame Award for the Youth & Amateurs. Go read about it and see if you qualify there as well.

Karen Shaw

Karen, thank you so much for yet again clarifying things for me (and probably for others in this case, too). We're on the right track now!

Latest posts

Back