A Plausible Solution to AMHA's problems

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, by the way, has anyone told you that the "new" protest rule has been overturned? I was told the day after the BOD teleconference that took place on Thursday, August the 8th. Do you think that will start a firestorm?
Regards

Gary Barnes

The 1/4 inch ?

Sue

Oh, by the way, has anyone told you that the "new" protest rule has been overturned? I was told the day after the BOD teleconference that took place on Thursday, August the 8th. Do you think that will start a firestorm?
Regards

Gary Barnes

The 1/4 inch ?

Sue
The way I heard it (and I'm not sure if our directors are even sure what has been done) was that the part about protesting "anytime" was not going to be allowed and that the horse had to be protested before entering the ring (the old rule).

My concerns here are:

First; The BOD or the EC has overturned what the membership passed (again).

Second; Is this an "interpretation" (possibly incorrect) of the rule that reads:

From the 2008 rule book:

GR-050C (1) The measurement of a horse may be protested in writing accompanied by a $100.00 deposit, prior to the horse entering the ring.

From the minutes:

GR-050-C Protest Concerning height: The measurement of a horse may be protested at any time prior to the

end of the show so long as the horse is present on the show grounds. The protest must be made in writing

accompanied by a $100 deposit.

In the past few years the "powers that be" have interpreted the rule passed by the membership (when it says prior) to mean that if the horse has entered the ring in a class (say an amateur or youth class) then it cannot be protested prior to entering, say an open class. I would think this means that if the horse is in the ring you cannot protest during that class.

To put this all together you'll need to read the June minutes and then "speculate" what rule we are following (and maybe what rule they are going to use). Available here: http://www.amha.org/index.asp?KeyName=118

Then there is the "supercede" rule that Bob Kane got the BOD to pass.

Anyone want to know why and how that can be "interpreted"?

Good luck
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary, I will not get into a public arguement with you here on the forum. (as per the rules of the LB Forums) If you wish to persue this privately, please do so by emailing me.

C.A.R.E. does not support your idea of the Greivance Committee for the reasons that I outlined in my previous post. We knew this would not be welcomed by you with open arms, so we decided to keep our opinions to ourselves by not posting here to your thread, and instead, continued to focus our attention, and our work efforts on the projects that we already have before us. Had you and Lisa F not "called us out" to reply here publicly, we would not have even posted a response. But since you questioned why CARE had not, we felt obligated to answer your request. When we did, and because we did not back you the way you had hoped and/or expected, suddenly we became the bad guys. (again!)

Just because CARE does not back your idea, does not mean that we are telling others not to. We feel everyone has the right to their own opinions, and they can choose for themselves how they wish to base their decisons. We wish you well in the formation of the Greivence Committee, but our research has convinced our CARE group, that such a committee has been tried in the past and proven to be a liability for AMHA and the membership.

We have chosen instead, to continue working on our projects at hand, and on another issue that we feel will give the AMHA members a good opportunity to help them make decisions. We will post our project when we have finished it. Good Luck with yours.

Can you please let me know what I done wrong? I honestly do not understand your comment.
Lisa, I did not say you did anything wrong. I said you and Gary publicly called CARE out, wondering why we had not posted a comment/voiced an opinion or however you want to say it, to let you know where CARE stands on the idea of the Greivance Committee. That is all I said and meant...nothing more, nothing less.

Gary, I will not get into a public arguement with you here on the forum. (as per the rules of the LB Forums) If you wish to persue this privately, please do so by emailing me.
C.A.R.E. does not support your idea of the Greivance Committee for the reasons that I outlined in my previous post. We knew this would not be welcomed by you with open arms, so we decided to keep our opinions to ourselves by not posting here to your thread, and instead, continued to focus our attention, and our work efforts on the projects that we already have before us. Had you and Lisa F not "called us out" to reply here publicly, we would not have even posted a response. But since you questioned why CARE had not, we felt obligated to answer your request. When we did, and because we did not back you the way you had hoped and/or expected, suddenly we became the bad guys. (again!)

Just because CARE does not back your idea, does not mean that we are telling others not to. We feel everyone has the right to their own opinions, and they can choose for themselves how they wish to base their decisons. We wish you well in the formation of the Greivence Committee, but our research has convinced our CARE group, that such a committee has been tried in the past and proven to be a liability for AMHA and the membership.

We have chosen instead, to continue working on our projects at hand, and on another issue that we feel will give the AMHA members a good opportunity to help them make decisions. We will post our project when we have finished it. Good Luck with yours.
I am surprised here also!

Talk about "biting the hand that feeds you".........

If this does not get edited before you see it:

Mary Lou,

It seems as though you are condoning the same things here that some of us are so concerned about happening in AMHA. Why would just asking, why is the CARE group not participating be construed in this manner by them?

I can't be the only one wondering this
default_sad.png

CARE will post new progress/information here on the Forum from time to time when we feel it is needed and when we feel it ready to be made public. That is how we will try to keep you all informed as we progress, so there really is no need to email for updates. However, if you have something you would like to bring to our attention or to share with us, then yes, please email.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back