A new painting, this one was for me!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabby-Chicken

Reaction score
Corvids meaning crow, ravens and jays? I LOVE crows. I could watch them all day. And when they do that bobbing dance with their mouths open,,, it always makes me laugh!

I finished a painting that is a commission for a someone special on the board. So I can't share that one. BUT this painting has been in my mind for a while and I finally got a canvas and did it for myself. I wanted a crow painting for a long time. I am happy with it. I hope you like it I think he is a raven and I may have to add more bird beard to him! I think I will enter him in the state fair for September.
flyingakite.jpg
Thanks for looking!

Wow! That is beautiful. It does look like a photo....but better!

Carol

OMG that's AWESOME!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Besides the rooster, this one is now my favorite!!
default_wub.png

It's perfect!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

How are you going to keep Liz from stealing it?
default_biggrin.png

I love, love LOVE it!!!

That is wonderful!

Showed it to hubby, and he said to me, "Neat photo!"
default_biggrin.png
He gasped when I told him it was a PAINTING!

Wow that is so life like.

Each of your paintings seem better than the last one all though I know they are all equal. I would love to see them all lined up like in a gallery.

Beautiful!!! I love it when you have new pictures to show us!!!

How long does it take you to do a piece? Your work is some of my favorite to look at (I mean from anyone, not just LB)!!!

Pretty amazing. I also, love your work. Would love to have a painting done one day when I can nail down just one idea.

Kim

WOW! It does look like a photo..you are talented beyond belief. Beautiful...the detail is amazing.

Thank you guys!!!!! You are the best. If ONLY you know how insecure I have always been about sharing my paintings....

Yes I don;t know why I wanted to do a crow,,, I enjoy them. I thought I would do a big crow or raven flying but the bobbing dance won out. He is still big and commands the attention...

Robin,,, I was sending phone pics to Liz as I went along, just the background, then just the blackened in crow. I told her she had to come here to see it done. She does love these birds too! And she is staying here this weekend!!!

Thanks Jill,,, that is very kind. I wish I were as good an artist as some. I still think I am mediocre. Some I can do in a weekend, like this one painted itself, and others take six months of changing and going over and over. And those are the ones that I am blaming all these grey hairs that are coming in, on.

CKC if you go to www.thecrabbychickenranch.com and under art, then click on the word acrylics the photos should come up of most of my stuff. But if you have dial up it is terribly slow.

Thanks again everyone.
default_biggrin.png

I love it even more in large size (only saw it on my cell phone 'til now)!

You know I have a soft spot for corvids. I wish I could get a good photo of my Raven mama, she's funny.

Great job, Kim! This one looks like a winner to me. Can't wait to see it in person.

I, too, like the "cawing/pumping their heads" pose. It's really funny to see.

Liz

Puts me in mind of Jeremy from Mrs. Frisby (Brisby in the movie) and the Rats of NIMH.

Lovely
default_smile.png

Thanks Jill,,, that is very kind. I wish I were as good an artist as some. I still think I am mediocre. Some I can do in a weekend, like this one painted itself, and others take six months of changing and going over and over. And those are the ones that I am blaming all these grey hairs that are coming in, on.
A weekend!!!!!! If I had 100 years, I couldn't do anything like what you did in a weekend!!!

You are amazingly talented! If I could have a gift that I don't have, it would sincerely be to have an ability like yours!!!

Wow Kim........another knock-out painting.........it should do very well at the fair.....I would vote for it!!!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back