a new horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choklitbean

Reaction score
I was looking at some photos taken about a week after I brought my little guy home. I can hardly believe this is the same horse.

ChinookJune05.jpg

and the new Chinook.

CLTF000067.jpg

Sorry too much going on here, meant to add that it's only been two and a half months since I got him and in the first photo he has already had his feet worked on twice. He could walk (and kick
wacko.gif
) but not much else and his pasterns popped unbelievably with each step. He is only finally now able to really show his stuff when I turn him out, and until a few of weeks ago the max he could do on a lunge line was I was a light trot for a few minutes on each side.

His wormy tummy is gone and his coat feels like actual hair. There, that should make more sense than a few unexplained photos, eh!
rolleyes.gif

I'm afraid I don't have enough "horsey" people around here to share with.
smile.gif

He's looking very well loved and cared for! Keep up the good work.

He looks terrific, if you ask me! Very well groomed and cared for and, well, LOVED!!!
wub.gif

I'm betting he will provide you with many fine hours of fun!
yes.gif

Thank you all.

I love his color too. My aunt bred QHs and I had Welshies mostly (all greys and so were my two Arabs) so when he finally shed out the dead hair we were all standing around trying to figure out what color he would be called.
laugh.gif
I was thankful to find the color links here and ease my inquisitive mind.
biggrin.gif

I've had two appointments to get him gelded that had to be cancelled and both times I made them my dad was shaking his head saying "I really don't think you should do that." The longer Chinook is here the better he looks and now there is talk of hardshipping him as a stallion. My parents both will stand and say "He sure is nice."

I'm the kind of person who will take an animal apart to decide if they're breeding material or not (the goat background - we ate a lot of very nice animals who just weren't quite "good enough" - gee I hope that doesn't offend anyone
unsure.gif
), but this boy just gets nicer and nicer with less and less to pick apart and he still has a long ways to go as far as conditioning goes. But then, I don't have a mini background and what I'm seeing as conformationally correct might not be what people are looking for either as far as a "breed" thing goes.

But he's only three, that's a long time until he could be hardshipped anyway. He's lost most of his aggression and other than the occassional nip or the odd flare up over food he's really a sweetheart so there's no panic to do anything. Besides if I were to get him gelded right now I think my dad might cry and I don't know if I could deal with that.
biggrin.gif

Oh sorry, I'm babbling. I'll quit now.

Latest posts

Back