A new critter coming soon!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I love all your pictures!!!! I take lots too, I have a Cannon Rebel T31. I got a Macro lens last year for Christmas and have had fun with that. Is that your parrot? I have a Quaker about the same size, she says a few words and can be noisy when she wants!!! Your bunny is adorable, my son had a rabbit named Hopper when he was little he was grey and white more grey spots than yours.

It has been crazy cold, I've been having to take buckets of warm/hot water out to the horses a couple of times a day!! Sorry about your frozen pipes, I think this has been the coldest winter we have had in a long time. We should try to get together sometime, I would love to see your baby lambs in the spring. Yes it will be a huge cuteness factor=baby sheep!!!

Here is a few of my pics!

NYC blk:wht edit 2.jpgIMG_0625.jpgIMG_2205.JPGIMG_1578.JPGIMG_1604.jpgIMG_1938.jpgIMG_2174.JPGIMG_4008.jpgIMG_2768.JPG

When I looked at these photos, I thought they were one photo, and thought wow, what an awesome shot! LOL!

bDSCN8126b.jpg

deww.jpg

Updating.

Found a 2cm long round worm in her poop today. Been a bit of time since the 1st worming. Going to worm her again later today.

Pipes still frozen, found bad plumbing that needs to be redone. Won't have water for awhile.....

Bird is a male Green Cheek Conure named Cypher. He's mainly quiet, but our past Doberman taught him to screech anytime he hears or sees people outside. So he's a good alarm system, lol. He's 75 grams, real tiny, but can be such a giant brat. He has a strong hatred of toes. Wear socks or shoes around him or there will be toe bloodshed. =o

He was a past bunny, Holland Lop, was sterile so I got him as a pet.

I breed Babydoll sheep and Silver Fox rabbits, only rabbits I have.

Farm website, there's a link to the rabbitry site there, too.

http://forever-farms.weebly.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Wormed her and noticed her teeth are much more flush than I saw before, hardly a mm off.

This is one of the best forums yet. i have had so much fun reading it and watching the changes in your little fillie. she is going to be a beautiful little girls around in the spring.

Welcome! Glad you found the forum and your little girl is super cute.

Only wanted to add to be sure she uses her shelter and you are keeping good hay in front of her to keep her warm. These winter storms are especially hard on the young and old especially on her since she's underweight and shelter from the wind is key. Wishing you all the fun and laughter in the world with your special Valentine. Looking forward to watching her grow. And no, she is not a dwarf.

She won't eat hay, but it's in her shelter if she wants it. She also won't go into her shelter, I thought she was in there once, but turns out she was just sniffing around next to it. :/

I've been using the timothy/oat hay cube crumbles [cubes break apart and tons of flakes are left behind from using the cubes for the rabbits and GPs] and mixing it with her foal grain 2x a day. She's been eating it and looks like she's now ate off all the grass that was in her yard.

Had a ton of other issues crop up this week, so fairly busy. Pipes froze and we've had no water since Wednesday, then the pipes burst yesterday night. Yesterday I let the doberman pup out to potty and he found some glass or wire and cut up his foot real bad. Was at the emergency vet for about 3hrs. When I came home, that's when I found the burst pipes! Husband's coworker's uncle is a handyman and he was able to come out today and fix the plumbing. He charged vastly less and did a ton more work compared to last year's plumber who did everything wrong, cost a fortune and he was from a huge, well known company. :/

The vet cost a ton as well, my mother had to help me pay for it. Trying to sell out the rabbitry to pay her back and pay for plumbing. Depressing stuff, love the rabbits, but the dog and house being in working order I love a bit more.

Snow melted this morning, so all the bloody footprints are gone. I can't find what or where the dog cut himself. =( Since it's happened before with another dog, I'm fencing off the area full time, not worth it. I also discovered that my guinea pig had 4 babies! I thought she looked a little chubby!

I'm dreading taking off his bandages. He's a hyper dog and the wounds are in the worst spots!

Used a rabbit nest because the hut had no floor and they needed something more warm.

1538861_705102242856620_629919500_n.jpg

1662183_705090662857778_1043815516_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww - hope the Dobie's paw heals very soon for him (and you!). Love those gorgeous little piggies!
default_wub.png

Her eye boogers are starting to disappear, hasn't had any today.

Went out with the dober to potty and Kasia ran over to say hello. She's got much more energy than before. She was like a tiny puppy when the plumbers were here, she just had to come up to sniff and nudge them all over while they tried to squeeze through the access door to the crawlspace. She's very nosy. I bet she'll be just like my pony and always try to 'assist' later in life. I tried to get her to play with a small jollyball, she half*ssed kicked it and then left. More than the pony did with it when I bought it for him. At least she didn't run in fear when the ball moved like the pony did. Everything is out to eat him! =D Sometimes I'm amazed that Fall doesn't have him freaking out all the time. I mean, those giant sycamore leaves do kind of fly at him and stick to him...kind of like evil horse smooshing leaves of doom...lol.

Have to take the bandages off soon. Made him a boot out of a sock, cardboard and paper towels. Not sure how well this will go...Fairly terrified he will rip out his stitches.

Ugh, he got his cone off last night in his crate and pulled a few stitches!

We also got more snow....ugh, first time I'm hating new snow.

Filly continues to happily trot over to me. No eye boogers today as well.

Wow you sure have had a rough couple of days!!! Hope your pup gets better soon! Where did you have to go for an emergency vet? We had to use the one in Charlottesville last year, when our dachshund was having seizures and needed overnight care. How r u pipes? I thought we were only suppose to get a flurry last night, more than a flurry I say! Tonight could get down to 0! I'm sick of the cold and snow, it hope we are corn with the harsh winter stuff!!!!

Did you ever have the farrier come out for Kasia?

Hope this week is getting better for you!!

charlottesville. Have to go to another vet today to have his stitches put back in that he chewed out.

Pipes are fixed, found out it cost 2k to have them fixed last year by a big company that in the end did it wrong. This guy who did them this year was vastly cheaper and we're going to have him do some other stuff come spring. He's a general handyman.

Only got 1in of snow, I just want spring.

Contacted 2 people, haven't gotten anywhere after that.

Waiting for the siding guy to show so I can leave w/the dog for stitches.

Vet decided he was healing well enough not to bother with redoing stitches, said there was 50/50 chance he'd get them out.

Laundry room hot water pipe froze and broke. It was in the house and made of CPVC so I was able to fix it.

Trough heater is broken....

Anyone know of a better heater for water troughs?
This is the one I have, both are broken. 2nd one isn't heating enough anymore.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/allied-precision-floating-de-icer-1500-w

Oh she is just soooooooooooooooo cute!! She also looks (and feels judging by her performance) so much better! She's a credit to you.
default_yes.gif

Yea, she buzzed around for awhile when I first brought her out. We were breaking ice in the koi pond to get water for the horses and sheep. I was dragging 5gal buckets over to the troughs. She stopped zooming around as much as soon as I got the camera!

She also ran around, kind of doing laps, when I was getting her hay/grain mix ready and about to catch her to put her back.

Camera phone action shots while getting dark out equals wonky pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Latest posts

Back