A mini blog for the mini demons! ♡

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't understand where all of the negative things came from about minis & ponies.

Do you see that speck way at the top of the ridge?
That's my girl watching, the whole time, as we put in 200ft of pipe. Long ways down, but she still wants to be "involved." 😅
No grazing, just serious watching.
20230219_143917.jpg20230219_143923.jpg

I really don't understand where all of the negative things came from about minis & ponies.

Do you see that speck way at the top of the ridge?
That's my girl watching, the whole time, as we put in 200ft of pipe. Long ways down, but she still wants to be "involved." 😅
No grazing, just serious watching.
View attachment 49369View attachment 49370
My minis are also very interested/involved in anything happening on our property. If I see the 4 of them watching intently towards the woods, I know something is walking by, deer, bear, etc. Yesterday, they were all intently looking in the same direction for quite a while, I saw nothing. Then all of a sudden, a bobcat, which I didn't see, jumped off a stone wall, jumped up a pine tree, grabbed a very startled red squirrel and ran off. My little equines went back to grazing, while I stood there with my jaw dropped! When minis are watching, it's smart to pay attention!

My minis are also very interested/involved in anything happening on our property. If I see the 4 of them watching intently towards the woods, I know something is walking by, deer, bear, etc. Yesterday, they were all intently looking in the same direction for quite a while, I saw nothing. Then all of a sudden, a bobcat, which I didn't see, jumped off a stone wall, jumped up a pine tree, grabbed a very startled red squirrel and ran off. My little equines went back to grazing, while I stood there with my jaw dropped! When minis are watching, it's smart to pay attention!
The bobcat didn't scare them? I also pay attention where they are looking.

The bobcat didn't scare them? I also pay attention where they are looking.
No, the bobcat didn't scare them, which when I think about, is perhaps, odd. This particular bobcat walks through my backyard most days between 11AM and noon. Maybe, she/he is familiar to them? I have also witnessed my minis watch black bears walk through our field without much fanfare. No doubt, they are totally attentive, but don't seem to freak out. Maybe they see enough critters that these encounters don't bother them. I wish I had their courage :).

Added hottape to keep them "eating free", and expanded it again today. Can't leave them out because of construction.
20230329_180640.jpg20230328_175009.jpg20230327_090534.jpg20230326_162206.jpg20230325_175202(0).jpg20230323_185226.jpg20230323_103039.jpg

Some people have crazy horses, mine waits, annoyed, for me to finish moving the fence. She's not crossing the tape until I move it. 🤩
20230330_161005.jpg

3 ponies on the left, 1 on the right. Lol
20230330_164524.jpg

Słodka went to a new home.

Ever since I watched them drive away, I regretted it!

I've been watching FB and CL regularly.
I found photoshopped pics of Oreo in a FB sale post. Supposedly from a MD rescue.
But my girl was still MIA.

Yesterday, I found this CL post.
She looks so, so similar.
Slightly dished nose, hair color, wonky faded coat.
I can't tell if that's white on the foot or not. And can't see in the mouth for the other sign.
I measure at the wither, not the mane hair, she was roughly 36". She'd be 9 years old now. Both things that can be checked as different.

I'll be visiting this weekend.

I'm hoping that it is her, because I have a very hard time turning away when I've shown up to potentially buy something...

But maybe the mane isn't thick enough. The coat too dark. Ugh, I hate this.

🤞🤞🤞 I really, really hope it's her....

What do you guys think, is this my missing baby??

00J0J_58ojaGq7Lec_0lR0t2_1200x900.jpg00N0N_51B7lEJUbj8_0gl0t2_1200x900.jpgScreenshot_20230824_185509_Chrome.jpg

My girl I'm searching for.
Ridden pic is from buyer, last pic & communication I got.
Video Collage Maker_hd9Dmu.pngVideo Collage Maker_RIsZny.pngVideo Collage Maker_FYbMDn.png

That’s a tough one. She certainly seems similar.

Horses have excellent memories, is there any cue or signal you used she may respond to? If you are able to spend some alone time with her walking, etc, perhaps you two could click on some past behavior? If that makes sense? 😂

That’s a tough one. She certainly seems similar.

Horses have excellent memories, is there any cue or signal you used she may respond to? If you are able to spend some alone time with her walking, etc, perhaps you two could click on some past behavior? If that makes sense? 😂

She would put her nose "up my butt", like an overly friendly dog does sniffing, and just stand there. Lol. But idk, it was a more random thing she'd do.

It wasn't her. =(
And seller is a hoarder, auction flipper with a temper. Snatched the lead and stormed off after I had to pass.
Wouldn't of wasted her time if she had given more pictures.

Latest posts

Back