A mini blog for the mini demons! ♡

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, Kasia was being a turd during feeding. Not wanting to stand out there and shoo her off all winter, I went looking for another newbie's age.
Ended up finding two for a very low price. Kinda a no brainer!
Kasia is out with the boys again & newbie has 11mo friends & they all have names.
Screenshot_20220120-180145_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220120-181259_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220120-181225_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220120-181128_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220120-181038_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220120-180916_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220120-180824_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220120-180647_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220120-180212_Video Player.jpg

Last edited:
Wait?! So you got more new ponies!? Lucky! I can’t see their names, it’s blurry, HELP!!

What are you going to do with them?? Besides snuggle them?? 💕💕

OMG! You are making me want some new ponies too!! 💕💕

I have to go search craiglist now!!….

Wait?! So you got more new ponies!? Lucky! I can’t see their names, it’s blurry, HELP!!

What are you going to do with them?? Besides snuggle them?? 💕💕

OMG! You are making me want some new ponies too!! 💕💕

I have to go search craiglist now!!….
Andromeda, Gwiazda & Galaktyka.

5hr round trip to PA! The price was unbeatable. Was looking for just one, but couldn't pass up such a deal. Also, since it was the both of them, they did excellent in the van. Not a single peep or freakout at all.

Galaktyka is the first one posted about, 7mo.
Andromeda & Gwiazda are half sisters, 11.25mo. Both bay, darker is a day younger and a little taller, more laid back. Other is a bay roan with long toes we need to work on, very spirited and will fling her butt at you for scritches.

Screenshot_20220120-180145_Video Player.jpg

Today was mani-pedi day for the triplets.
Andromeda didn't need a halter to pick out her fronts, but we did roam off into the distance.
Galaktyka has never had her feet messed with, so she had a meltdown. She needs some work on her hinds, but they can wait until she's more comfortable with the process. She also doesn't know how to lead, so it was a big day for her.
Gwiazda supposedly had her feet worked on before, but she had a little meltdown as well. Her toes were long, so she needed a trim. She shouldn't be tripping as much now. She's also the nosey one trying to "help" while working on Galaktyka.
Screenshot_20220123-141506_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220123-152749_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220123-152810_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220123-152841_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220123-152909_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220123-152942_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220123-152949_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220123-152958_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220123-153119_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220123-153100_Video Player.jpg

They are wonderful and so much fun for you to have them around. Are they all keepers?

They are wonderful and so much fun for you to have them around. Are they all keepers?

Plan to keep one of the three. Leaning towards Gwiazda now. She's sassy, super curious & seems to want to please. I like that she wants to be all up in my business, has to learn when to skedaddle, though. Lol
Andromeda is very mellow, accepts loving no problem, but is also fine doing her own thing. Seems very stable.
Galaktyka is very shy, especially after being on the lead or held, but will get over it. Still comes over to say hello. She's smart, they're all smart, minis are always smart as whips!

Ok. This is a serious question. How do you not get attached and want to keep them all?? I have often thought I would buy a couple, get them trained, and then find them good homes.…not to really make money, but just to help some out and as a fun little hobby. But MY problem is getting attached. How do you avoid this? The few that I have trained and sold I miss terribly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! SERIOUSLY?? How do you do it??

ETA: I have the space, the time, the money… I just have an issue with selling… HELP!!

Last edited:
Ok. This is a serious question. How do you not get attached and want to keep them all?? I have often thought I would buy a couple, get them trained, and then find them good homes.…not to really make money, but just to help some out and as a fun little hobby. But MY problem is getting attached. How do you avoid this? The few that I have trained and sold I miss terribly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! SERIOUSLY?? How do you do it??

ETA: I have the space, the time, the money… I just have an issue with selling… HELP!!

I sold my Słodka, 100% regret and would pay more for her return. Keeping a close tab on her. Hoping they want to sell her back to me.

My other projects have been adults and Ive kept 2yrs or less, so, it hasn't been the same as sweet little babies.

Idk how this will go with the 3 girls. I'm assuming that the best fit will be the one that I keep and then carefully find new homes for the other two. When they know how to ride n drive, they should find decent homes.

But I still worry about Flugi & Oreo. Flugi is at some place for disadvantaged kids, on FB, so I check in occasionally. Oreo & Słodka went to a private home, so I check sale ads all over, because I'm paranoid about them being dumped.🤷🏽‍♀️

Heck, even the older 15h mare I had 10yrs ago, that didn't work at all, I still wonder about.

Idk, maybe you never really get over it?

With my sheep and past rabbits, it wasn't that hard. We don't connect to them anywhere near as much as we do with horses! You don't put your life in their hands, like you do a horse!

Latest posts

Back