A Message from CMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Hi Guys! Little background info here from the designated CMHR Cheerleader.......me. (AKA Board of Director Public Relations):

CMHR is the only Miniature Horse Rescue that is Nationwide. With a lot of perseverance we have managed to withstand test of time with a lot of hard work when other rescues have unfortunately thrown in the towel. We have begged for years for more. more, an more foster homes and when the homes became too sparse, we implicated new outreach programs which still enables us to rescue horses in dire straights. A benefactor is making plans to free lease us a place as a sanctuary in 2013 which will enable us to take in even more horses than ever before.

We keep a very low profile when it comes to rescuing horses. So many times you hear of miniature horses involved in seizures in the news or right here on LB and you may wonder where we are. Please rest assured when its brought to our attention we are not asleep at the wheel. When we hear of such things and other catastrophic events our President Connie Parr is right on the phone gathering the actual facts and offering our assistance where needed. We have helped a lot of horses this year and have had zero euthanasia's. We also network with other equine rescues who have miniature horses and assist back and forth that way. Horses in need don't take a holiday so when I tell you we are available 365 days a year to help, that's pretty accurate.

As you can imagine, shipping horses to safety and veterinary costs are plenty.We don't have many fundraisers.but when we do, we really need some serious support. The ONLINE SHOW was designed especially by me with you and your horse in mind.......oh, and your good doggy too!. There is something there for everyone to enter and have a chance to win one of our designer halters, which by the way have a side clip and adjustable nose band only for a $5.00 entry fee!. We have to have more than 4 in each class to break even. Right now, the show looks pretty sad for lack of participation.

Please help us out by entering a class or two or for us..

Our pay pal button is on our website at www.chancesminihorserescue.org

and if you are doing snail mail contact me and say your check is in the mail and you'e good to go.

On a really fun note, Remy has been adopted TODAY after being in CMHR for over 2 years. She came to us as a very pitiful shell of a pregnant yearling who was as unsocialized and ill mannered as they come. She was worked with daily in her foster home, brought to health, mannered well, and gave birth to her colt who was also adopted. Remy leaves us today as a sweetheart and 4H horse.

Thank you for your time.

Remyc-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty- I wish there was more I could do to help but I am already doing as mush as I can and entered 3 photos.

Please folks, help support CMHR and have some fun and friendly competition!!! Do the math - CMHR can't afford to run this contest with so few entries....

Well, in spite of my best intentions to actually enter some classes and post some pictures, it's not going to happen. Hoping that someday, we can just upload pictures directly to this site instead of putting them somewhere else first and then copying, etc. Too much work for this lazy, tired person.

I will just send you guys a check.....You do a great job and bless you all. Last year I did it in memory of a friend and this year I will be doing the same thing. In memory of Roxanne--miss you lady--I will donate $50.00. Thanks, Mary

You should be able to post photos directly by using the "more reply options" and then browsing to find the photo you want to "attach". Not trying to make more work for you, but the contest is fun! But I am sure the check will be appreciated too.

Latest posts

Back