a loss in our community last night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda K

Reaction score
We just got in from nationals last night around 6 P.m. and around 9 P.m. I got a call saying that Kristen Martin was killed in a car accident just a couple of miles from her house. Trena Martin , Kristens mother graduated with me, and they live about 5 miles from my house. Kristen was starting her second year of college.

Our community is small. Everyone knows everyone. Our school , from kindergarden to 12th grade has around 500 combined. Trena is in shock right now , as we all are. Please , say a prayer for Kristen and her family. She has one sister, who is in high school. I am sure she lost without her.
default_no.gif

Thanks,

Linda Killion

Blessings and Prayers to all.........
default_sad.png

It was hard for me to open this thread - I knew it was not good.

My prayers go out to the whole family. My heart aches for them and I don't even know them.

I don't know why - but, my number one fear in life is car accidents - well, I can't even finish.

I am glad that family has dear friends and a close-knit community to help them through this tragic event... my heart goes out to them as well.
default_no.gif

My prayers go up for this family and friends who have had this tragic loss. What a devastating thing to go through. May the God of all comfort wrap them in His arms.

Thoughts and prayers for this family and all the friends of Kristen.

Barbie

Welcome to my nightmare. All I can say to you Miss Linda is no matter what they say or do, keep them close and don't ever give up on them. Even if they tell you to go away, don't. Stay. I'm so sorry anyone has to go through this.

Hugs and prayers go to Kristens family and friends, with such a tightknit community I am sure they will get love and support from the whole community. I will keep them in my prayers.

Yvonne

Prayers for all of you in your community.......so sad.
default_no.gif

You'll all be in my thoughts.

Jodi

The family has my deepest sympathy and prayers.

Just got back from Trenas house. I really dont know what to think. She is in deep shock ! She is talking very calm and matter of factly and just kindof looking off in a distance. I dont think she has really broke down yet. She says things like

"Its like she is at college and when she comes home , everything will be ok again" Its not "real" yet.

The family is going to make arrangements tomorrow morning. I have to go to the funeral home tomorrow afternoon to do her hair and make-up. I have done it several times, but always on someone older, who was sick. Kristen was so young and had her whole life ahead of her. She just got a ring from her boyfriend the night before and her mom said was happier then they had ever seen her. Kristen was very religous, so that is some comfort to her family.

I am afraid tomorrow is going to be a really hard day
default_no.gif
and for some time after. please keep the family in your prayers tonight.

Thanks

Linda K

Oh my what a shock for her family, friends, and community. My heart sympathizes with all and sending prayers out to all.

Oh Linda, so sorry to hear about this. Thoughts and prayers to the family and all who knew her.

Latest posts

Back