A little tribute to Linda Rodriquez

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

Talking on the back porch it occured to me that there are a ton of us that now own horses sired by Rhotens Dandy Encore and horses with Havenbrook farm name. Linda poured her heart and soul into her breeding program so I thought it would be a nice tribute to her now that she has sold her last horse Rhotens Dandy Encore.

Here are mine:

Havenbrooks Encores Hot Tamale sired by Encore

tamale-291x202.jpg

Tamales son grandson of Encore

dandy4-340x280.jpg

Baxters Tiny Rocket Dancer out of my Encore daughter Dancer

justintiny-306x176.jpg

And i have more! LOL

Havenbrook Encores Cherokee Rose

rosie-212x172.jpg

Her daughter Baxters painted princess

princesswalk-237x195.jpg

Menageries Legacys Bits N Pieces--sired by an Encore son owned by Menagerie minis

kybit3-266x184.jpg

Not pictured is my mare Havenbrooks Encores Moondancer. The very first miniature horse i purchased

Linda---thank you for all you have done for the miniature horse breed!!!! we luv ya!!!!

Kay

Here is my Encore son, who is slated to be our driving gelding this fall....
wub.gif

Stormtrots3.jpg

Here is a photo of a grand-daughter and a grand-son...
wub.gif

Buffywindyruns.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a daughter of Encore, and a few other beautiful mares from Linda, as well as Bubby! If anyone ever read Bubby's article on Linda's website, it will make you cry! He is a great little gelding, I think he thinks he is a person, he just wanders the yard eating wherever he pleases. He is a great friend to my children and truly a special horse. We are so grateful to Linda for the incredible, loving horses. I don't have the pics on my website yet, but as soon as I do, I will post them on here. Thanks Linda! Stacie

HERE IS OUR GELDING BY ENCORE:

SANJIS RED RUM RUNNER

redlilbeg4.jpg

THANKS LINDA & ALEX FOR WHAT YOU HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE BREED AND FOR ALL THE HELP YOU GAVE ME. LINDA IS A GREAT FRIEND, WHEN I HAD PROBLEMS SHE WOULD RUSH OVER TO HELP WITH FOALING, OH BETTER NOT LEAVE OUT ALEX, HE WOULD COME TOO. WE BOUGHT CVS MIDNITE BELLE IN FOAL TO ENCORE WHICH HAD THIS BEAUTIFUL GUY, HE JUST GOT A LITTLE TO BIG FOR OUR BREEDING PROGRAM OR HE WOULD HAVE BEEN OUR TOP STALLION. SO NOW HE IS GELDED AND WOULD MAKE SOMEONE A GREAT DRIVER WITH HIS ACTION.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are my two, sired just this year by Kaykay's Havenbrook's Encore's Hot Tamale, making them grandsons of Encore, and a great-grandsons of the incomparable Rhoten's Little Dandy. BOY did they get the moves. These boys move like they're floating on air, and yet still have snappy bold action. It's just a thrill to watch them move out. I can't wait to see them in liberty classes, and then later on, driving! Mixing Encore's blood with our Bond Galahad Legacy mares, and Tamale's beautiful head too got us some fantastic heads and necks too, so halter should be a great time as well!

Country Havens Hot Shot (Shooter):

shooter7wk1.jpg

Country Havens Red Hot N' Rollin' (Roller):

roller8wk1.jpg

lexweb2.jpg

lexclip3.jpg

This is our Encore Son: V V's Lex Bi-Dandy, he is a 27" yearling and can he ever move!

Thanks Linda so much!

We also bought 4 mares from Linda, 3 were in foal! Wonderful, kind girls with wonderful pedigrees.

Latest posts

Back