A little brag

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you who dont know....he is D&M Gemstones Pokadot Sonrise (Sonny). I bought him from pictures from a person that had bought him from his breeder. When he arrived, he was nearly dead! Starvation and neglect. He was 10 months old and the shipper CARRIED him off the trailer. He was so tiny and pittiful looking it just broke all hearts that saw him. I bedded him down, called my vet to verify what I should do. It just happened my vet was scheduled to come out the next day. My vet didnt think he'd live out the week. Long story short (I know, too late!), he did live out the week and grew into the beautiful stallion he is today! It took about 2 months to get him healthy enough to have his shots even!

He has a wonderful spirit in him! He started improving right away and never looked back. He was ALWAYS agreeable and eager to please. Even when nearly dead!

People are so tired of hearing me say this, but it is abosolutely true....Sonny makes my heart happy! He's truely a joy in my life.

Viki

P.S.

Thank you all for your kind words! I do appreciate them!

Viki

For those of you who dont know....he is D&M Gemstones Pokadot Sonrise (Sonny). I bought him from pictures from a person that had bought him from his breeder. When he arrived, he was nearly dead! Starvation and neglect. He was 10 months old and the shipper CARRIED him off the trailer. He was so tiny and pittiful looking it just broke all hearts that saw him. I bedded him down, called my vet to verify what I should do. It just happened my vet was scheduled to come out the next day. My vet didnt think he'd live out the week. Long story short (I know, too late!), he did live out the week and grew into the beautiful stallion he is today! It took about 2 months to get him healthy enough to have his shots even!

He has a wonderful spirit in him! He started improving right away and never looked back. He was ALWAYS agreeable and eager to please. Even when nearly dead!

People are so tired of hearing me say this, but it is abosolutely true....Sonny makes my heart happy! He's truely a joy in my life.

Viki
Aww How sad and SWEET!!!!!!! He is Very handsome!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif

What a sad story with a truly wonderful ending! Congratulations on his success. But he is a lucky guy too finding a wonderful home. I wish you many happy years together.

A while back, there was a topic on here with the question, can a neglected/abused horse go on to lead a productive life. Sonny can sure answer that!
default_aktion033.gif

In fact my mare Rose, was in as bad shape when I got her (she was 3yrs old) oh so many years ago! She has produced wonderful and accomplished foals. Living her life out in retirement here now.
default_biggrin.png

Dawn, I didnt get to go to Central so you smiled at someone elce.
default_yes.gif
Hope they smiled back!

Viki

Latest posts

Back