A HOT day, young girls, and horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
These girls have been out before--they're learning horse handling and care just in case they are lucky enough to have their own minis some day.
default_yes.gif
Kennedy came along to lend a hand--she's amazingly helpful. My daughter Rachel is home from college for the summer, so she played photographer for many of these shots.

Adults make great obstacles to walk around. The girls were learning to always know where they are headed and to walk off with confidence. We only worked with them for 15-20 minutes due to the temps.

IMG_5532.jpg

I love this shot of their ground work.
default_biggrin.png

IMG_5535.jpg

IMG_5538.jpg

If there was ever a girl and a horse who belonged together--it's these two.

IMG_5540-1.jpg

Kennedy and I have been working together for 3 years now!! (Wow--that went fast.) We were reminiscing about when Whisper dragged her at the show we went to--and how that wouldn't happen any more. Kennedy is one terrific horsewoman. She's been taking riding lessons for awhile now and hopes to get her own horse someday. We have lots of summer plans for attending horse events.
default_smile.png

IMG_5537.jpg

After the leading lesson, we headed to the hose...Blessing first.

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5550.jpg

All hands on deck--erm, I mean, on the horse!
default_biggrin.png

IMG_5557.jpg

The girls had everything under control, so I got to take a few photos:

One safe horse. One fearless girl.
default_wink.png

IMG_5559.jpg

One trustworthy horse. One gentle girl.

IMG_5561.jpg

Rosie was not as relaxed about her bath--so my photographer was lending a hand since the girls needed to sit her out.
default_rolleyes.gif
But she got this one. You can tell by the look in her eye it was an active bathtime. :DOH!

IMG_5566.jpg

Whisper's turn!

IMG_5588.jpg

Here's another favorite shot--from age 8-18 on one wee horse.
default_wub.png

IMG_5589.jpg

After the last horse was done and we watching them roll in the dirt, we went for a swim.

The perfect afternoon.
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
Oh! Those are GREAT!!!!!! Love the pictures! I wish I had some young girls like that who would like to come out to work with the minis! Looks like SO MUCH fun!
default_yes.gif

Oh my gosh these are super great pics. I cannot believe that little tubby one is little Blessing! Time sure does fly.

Those little girls are just adorable with the horses, just so darn cute! I'll bet you all had a super nice day and a nice day for them to remember. That hose must have felt so good in the heat.

Tell Rach she did an outstanding job as photographer.

YAY
default_aktion033.gif

The quilting forum is sure beating this forum with replies--they're up to 9. I posted a link to this post for them, since they're in love with my minis.
default_biggrin.png
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

I envy you for the help you get! My little girl horse friend just graduated from High School! She hasn't been around much this past year..
default_no.gif
Now she's going away to college. At least she has grown up to be a very responsible young lady.

I still think Rosie needs to move out west.
default_wink.png

What a terrific day for all involved. I can't tell you how valuable that would have been to me as a young girl. I was horse crazy and would have died and gone to heaven knowing someone like you. Karla, those little girls will remember that day for years to come, and possibly forever.

There are some priceless photos there capturing the girls excitement.

The horses look great.
default_yes.gif

xox Leonie xox

Folks always think the girls are so lucky to have my place to come to--but I keep telling them I get more out of it that they do!
default_smile.png
My family likes to pet them and Rachel will gladly help me when I ask, but Kennedy is the one who wants to stay out there as long as I do. Rachel was holding Rosie while I clipped her and finally said "How much longer?" She was a good sport and lasted till the end, but she does it for me, not because it's in her blood, not because she can't wait to see what's under the hair. I told her Kennedy and I could do it for hours and hours, and Rachel said "You two are weird."
default_rolleyes.gif

I am so lucky to have a Kennedy--I'll hate it when she finds other things to fill her time. I should have a few more years.
default_yes.gif

what great pictures!!! ive always said it doesnt get better then kids and horses!! looks like such a fun day for horses and humans!

Latest posts

Back