a heart felt story

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniMags

Reaction score
I thought other people would be interested in this heart felt story about a mothers love even if it is not her own. It starts with our 5 year old Jack Russell Dog. Her name is Cobra but we call her "Poopie" She just had a litter of three wonderful "Jack" puppies on May23 one male "milkshake"(he is all white with no color) and two females "Silky"and"Alice" they are tri color. Our male "Milkbone" is the father of the puppies.

A tragedy struck at our Auto body garage (Paul's Auto Body and Custom) in the town of Aliquippa, PA Beaver County. a stray cat was hit on the road and killed on May 29Th. My husband got her off the road not knowing what was next. three days later (Sunday) we heard some meowing in the back lot. When looking closer we found a little calico kitten almost ready to fall in the creek. I scaled the bank to get her and to our surprise we found four others in one of the cars in the lot. Two calico's(as you know they were female) and three gray stripped/white one female and two males They seem to be about 2 weeks or more. It must have been a mother cat that was hit. The kitten were very hungry and there eyes were covered in gook and puss. my friend Erin was over at the Garage and she so happen to have eye ointment for the kittens. Once I got them home I cleaned the eyes and put ointment in them and gave them a full belly of formula. after feeding them for over a day every four hours. they seem to be getting better. They had baths and were brushed and cleaned up..... Then it hit me.... Hmmmm.... I wondered "do you think "Poopie" would take care of them"?? I have heard of this thing happening but I have never seen it. I said "What would it hurt to try"... so I introduced her to a kitten. She excepted it like her own so I gave her all five kittens.... Well she loves them all. She is caring for them and feeding them like they were hers all along. I do supplement the kittens with some kitten formula but "Poopie" dose all the work in cleaning them and watching over them. She is now a proud mother of "8" "puppie-kittens"What a GREAT dog to adopt kittens with out any questions......This is what a mothers love is...... Here are some pictures for all to enjoy.

You can watch the story at

www.kdka.com

This is the Pittsburgh news station that made the story. Please enjoy....

Maggie

www.miniridgefarm.com

[attachmentid=162]

Cobera_pup_kits.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
What a wonderful dog!
default_yes.gif
Thank you so much for sharing with us. Such a heart warming event. You were so kind to help these little ones. The picture is great! All of the kitties and pups are gorgeous as well as mom.

God bless,

Joan

Awww...that is so wonderful. You have a very loving doggie!

Yay for those kittens and Poopie! What a good mom she is.
default_smile.png

I had a maine coon cat that when his and his littlermates were born, the mom died due to complications, and so did all his siblings. Well, the breeder also bred Shar Pei's (wrinkle dogs) and a bitch had a litter that was 7 weeks old. They were just about done with mom, and she tried the kitten on the dog.......yep, it worked. The bitch nursed my cat, for 9 weeks, lol. He was the coolest cat ever, he would play fetch and eat corn on the cob.....go for walks on a leash and ride in the car. My hubby said it was because he thought he was a dog. Oh yeah, he also loved water.......couldn't keep him out of the shower.
default_wacko.png

Good luck with these little ones, sounds like they are in good hands (paws?).

How sweet! What a good dog she is.

Maggie, my sister lives in Aliquippa. What a small world sometimes. Neat

Emma

Check out the story about the puppies and Kitties.

www.kdka.com

this it is the Pittsburgh News station.

Maggie

default_aktion033.gif
Thank you so much for posting this link! What a great video! You're gorgeous as well!

God bless,

Joan

That was great ! Love It Maggie and Paul, we were wondering if you were going to share it with others here on the forum, we really loved the video too!
default_yes.gif

That's so cool! Loved the video! Your jack is very cute and looks like the proud mama. Love how the puppies are zonked right out and kittens are still all moving around and meowing.
default_biggrin.png

What a incredible little Dog, to take on raising the kitten's and her own puppies.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

God Bless

Vicky

Thanks every one for helping me share the joy that me and Cobra are having with the Pittens... Oh I mean Kittens.....
default_rolleyes.gif
... I was told that it also made National news.... someone said I was On CNN.... now how KOOL is that.... My 15 seconds of fame....
default_biggrin.png
... also Thank you for the complements on my interview......
default_biggrin.png

Maggie

Back