A First Place and Second Place in our first show!! WOO HOO

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Timber Buck

Reaction score
Timber WON a show class and got second in his other at his very first show!!! I am so excited. Chris and I took him to a regular horse show yesterday and entered him in Regular halter class as well as Pony Halter. Even competeing against the big guys he did GREAT!!!! :) There aren't any mini shows close to us other than the one in Shelbyville at the end of the month so we did the regular horse show. I have never shown any halter horse large or small and he's never met another horse other than his two pasture mates and his momma. He LOVED the attention. Everyone from kids to adults ran up to him to ask for pictures, to pet him, ask all kinds of questions etc. He was a super star to say the least and quite a gentleman to be his first time out of the barn. He showed like he knew he was the best. In fact, I am not sure if any of you have shown with minis and large horses together, but a lot of the large horses are TERRIFIED of a mini...Of course everyone wants to bring their horse over to see him before we go in the ring and they get scared. I was such a proud momma and my husband was excited too! He snapped a few pics with the cell phone, but next time I will either video or get the good camera out. He we were:

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

Congratulations! We like to try and go to open shows with our yearlings to get them practice before the mini shows but havent made it to one yet this year. I love watching the full sized horses' reactions to the minis!

Congratulations! What a nice experience for your first time out!

CONGRATS!!!!!! He's looking good and is off to a good start! Way to go!
default_firstprize.gif

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!!! I couldn't be happier to share this first victory with my LB Friends! Thanks to all of you all for the advice, the links and the help thus far. You guys made it all possible!
default_firstprize.gif

Haha thanks everyone! Lilnickers thanks for the compliments...and yes...Aristocratic Minis I am HOOKED!!! :) TOTALLY
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back