A few more spring clipped photos....Shetlands & Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Well i clipped a few weeks ago, i think i only posted pics of one of the mini colts, but i did clip two of the shetlands as well at that time and they came out nice but just did not get around to taking pics. Those nasy pig hairs have grown in (yuck!) since so i wasnt going to post anything, but here they are. It is finially spring
default_wub.png
. Everyone was pulled straight out of the drylot as well.

First off,,,

Alpha Farms Magical Melody "Kitty" is my classic over division filly this year, she is a doll. She is by Buckeye WCF Classic Magic (King Lee son) and out of Buckeye WCF Bobcat Melody, a Georgetowns Tom Cat granddaughter. We just
default_wub.png
her. I have not clipped her head yet (blades died).

00KittenClipped2.jpg

00KittenClipped.jpg

00KittenClipped3.jpg

Then,,,

Alpha Farms Magical Debut HOF "Debut", Kittys paternal brother. Classic Over 3 year old gelding. He was the 2007 ASPC Congress Reserve Grand Champion Classic Gelding, 4x Congress Champion with Quay. This is my first year showing him so pretty excited to have some fun with him.

00DebutSpringClipped.jpg

Then,,,

Westwind BTU Crown Prince Flyte "Flyte" with his lovely pig hairs. I really zipped through clipping him a few weeks ago and you can really tell now that the coat i growing back in that i zipped through clipping him. He is my Yearling Over Div Stallion for this year. Hate those nasty pig hairs blah.

00FlyteSpringtime.jpg

00FlyteSpringtime2.jpg

00FlyteSpringtime3.jpg

**More pics in next post, scroll down
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Then we have,,,

Royal Salsa "Royal" ...who i brought up to the barn late this year so he is pretty far behind in conditioning. He has until August (congress) so no rush. I think i he is going to show Foundation for sure this year. He is 37" Mini, 39" shetland. He is not clipped yet either,

00RoyalSpring.jpg

00RoyalSpring2.jpg

00RoyalSpring3.jpg

Looking at something ...

00RoyalSpringUp.jpg

Then,,,

Westwind BTU Crown Prince Stetson "Stetson"....i just wanted to post these pictures to show you the difference two (closer to three) weeks will make.

About three weeks ago when i clipped him, ribby ..lacking body. This was when i separated him and stetson into different stalls (they shared a stall, Flyte hogged the food). Way to skinny for me,

1stetsonclipo.jpg

Then today, after three weeks of beet pulp, supliments, increased grain.

00StetsonSpringClip.jpg

00StetsonSpringClip2.jpg

Jill inspired me to do a short video, i'll have to see if i can get the link to work .., was hoping it would work, i will work on it tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
They all look great, Leeana
default_wub.png

But, I can't get the video to work. I will check back later... You know I'm a Stetson fan!

:D Love them all ! Miss Kitty is gorgeous that is one nice filly you have there
default_wub.png

And who has more neck then Debute... no one
default_smile.png

Love them!!!

The boys look awesome too!! Flyt looks so grown up!

Wow, they look really good! Nice and trim too. My fatso's are ready to explode!
default_new_shocked.gif

Looking good there!!!!!!!!

You are goung to be super busy this show season!!!!

Are they all going to fit in your new trailer???

If not, you can send Kitty my way LOL!!!

LOL i think we have plenty of room in the trailer, Stetson is staying at home this year, im not planning to show him this year, so that is only four ..trailer is setup for 7, and room to put two other horse so tech 9 ..so we have PLENTY of room, in fact i wouldnt mind filling up those other stlls in the trailer either
default_biggrin.png

Thanks Kelly for the offer though
default_wink.png

They all look really nice, especially with the knee socks on
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back