A Day in the Life of Dirty Holly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to agree that she isn't QUITE there YET.......But she's a maiden, right? So you can't count on her bag to tell you. She just doesn't look "dropped" enough, though.

However, a foal can drop into position in a matter of HOURS.

MA

Its hard to say Marty, she could go soon, but I suspect a few more obvious changes before she gets serious about having that baby..

It's 1:00 AM.

Holly is making good on her threat to get me back.

But I'm not falling for none of it tonite!

Like I always say, she's got so many personalities, your bound to like one of them!
wink.gif

Sleep tight Holly.

Mother is watching.

What a beautiful little mare! Maybe it won't be much longer. We're all excited for you and your family as well as Holly. It's so entertaining to read your posts. You can bet Holly's contemplating on a plan for payback. What a character! Here's wishing all of you well.

Joan

Marty, for future reference that is a bag- Holly has a bag
smile.gif
Everyone, now , be honest, if someone had just hosed you down, you would be scrunched up in the fanny department (That, by the way, is a fanny, English and Irish version
laugh.gif
) She is still carrying very high and tight, BUT I have seen foals get into position literally minutes before birth. From the bag I would say not yet as even with as little bag as this my maidens usually get it tight, even when it's not big. I think Holly is going to build her bag up like a sensible girl, and, by the time she is ready to foal, you will all be so sleep deprived you will be snoring in the corner. That's her wicked plan
biggrin.gif

Marty,

I don't think she is quite ready yet either, but it is always wise not to take your eyes off of her - that is when the sneak attack happens! Promise!
laugh.gif

Holly looks absolutely fabulous and very matronly.
smile.gif
I always enjoy your stories. Continuing to keep you and Holly in my prayers. Wishing you both all the best.

What a blast !! the pics and captions are brill....

But you did put me right off my chocolate donut !

Marty,

I tell ya...you are such a treat...I enjoyed those pics and, the story that went with them...WAY TO FUNNY
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I can't wait till your little ones comes...it will be fun hearing all about it
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

lis
biggrin.gif

Marty, she sure looks like she's getting close to me...and that definately is a bag. I bet when you check today she will be even closer..
laugh.gif
wink.gif
She is just beautiful and should have a gorgeous baby....Post a picture of Nick for us please...

marty,

can't wait to the birthing details and photos - better watch you might turn the air BLUE !

I'll have to add my 2 cents - she doesn't look quite ready to me either BUT - she is a maiden and all the rules go out the window with them. I've had maidens foal looking pretty much like Holly does now, so yes she is probably going to torture you a little longer.
biggrin.gif

Jan

Marty my dear friend

NO ONE ON THIS FORUM GETS A FOAL UNTIL I DO!!!! LOL i have had it!!! i have a mini mare fully bagged and overdue and still no foal. And i have a shetland that has had sticky yellow milk for 3 weeks and no foal.

Seriously she looks like she still has some time to go before she foals but you never know. My girl has a huge bag, huge tummy, rear so soft she has trouble walkign and no foal.

Calgon take me awayyyyyyyyy

I hope she does hold out a while longer really. I want her to foal in the new barn sooo badly, which isn't ready of course. We ran out of $$$$ again and have to wait another week to continue. We need gravel down inside of it, then topping for that. Then it's onto stall building so we can get them inside. Atelast another 2 to 3 weekends of work so if she holds on it won't bother me that much. We made a smaller paddock last weekend just for her and Fetus.

I'll try to post new pics of Nick today.

Latest posts

Back