A Couple Pictures of RILEY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
This is my new "fur brother", Riley. He is a bearded collie puppy and just about the sweetest thing on earth. He's so affectionate and laid back. My parents have another bearded collie, Murphy, who is about 9months old and they are already best friends. Murphy is so gentle and loving to Riley! Murphy's mother is Riley's great aunt, but they came from different breeders (both in MD).

Riley0905%20033.jpg

Riley0905%20040.jpg

Isn't he SWEET!
wub.gif
I can see his personality in his face. Did you take those great photos Jill?

OMG how cute! My first thought was is it like Capt. Kangaroo's dog? Ok I'm OLD but is it?

How cute is that! That puppy is darling and sitting by the flower pot just makes it all come together. Is there an Equisite for puppies? There should be!
yes.gif
It have to be a Puppysite!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks, guys!

I did not take the picture. My mom did. She is a really good photographer and artistic in other ways, too!

When I was a kid, I loved Capt. Kangeroo, but I do not remember his dog.

Riley will turn light silvery grey where he is now black. Their 9mos old beardie, Murphy, is already that way. It's the prettiest color!

When they are grown, they remind me a lot of Old English Sheedogs, only they are not as tall and proportionally, they have a longer back length than the OES's do.

Bearded collies are supposed to be the only other herding breed that can compete with border collies. My parents do not have livestock, but their dogs herd the cats and there is a total different techique that the beardies use (to kind of round up the cats) than the Old English Sheepdogs use, which is more to drive the animals forward.

Awwww now THAT'S ADORABLE!!!! Look how soft and cuddly he looks!! Your folks are going to have so much fun with both of these babies and I can see how easy it is to fall in love with a puppy like this! I would be constantly carrying him around like a doll!!! What a dollbaby!!! Are both boys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they are both boys! We joke that Murphy has a crush on Kelsey and they will get married even though they're related
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back