A Clipping Before and After of Dora + Baby Bonus

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockRiverTiff

Reaction score
Well some of you may remember last year I picked up a double bred Blue Boy granddaughter I was pretty psyched about. I am posting a VERY honest before picture of her from today (she had the nastiest coat!!). She clipped off so well, but she's so tall I could cry. 32.5" at a year--already passed her breeder's height guestimate--make her stop!

The Before:

dorabefore08.jpg

The Afters:

doraright08.jpg

Still learning how to use the neck

doraleft08.jpg

Shaking it off

doratrot08.jpg

And doing her Melody impression:

dorahead08.jpg

And I finally let May and Lola socialize with another horse today--Lola's aunt Tissy. I thought this was a cute photo of them saying hello:

familyreunion.jpg

Thanks for letting me show off the "kids!"

Hey!

How did Miss Melody end up in your pasture???????
default_new_shocked.gif

LOL
default_biggrin.png

If I saw them together I might have a hard time telling them apart
default_rolleyes.gif

She is just beautiful!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks fabulous! I just love her dapples.

Sounds like my Willow, being so tall. Love them just the same regardless of how tall they are.

Thanks guys! I was very happy to see those lovely dapples beneath the scruff (even our farrier was calling her Scrappy).

wow what a difference!! shes so pretty. tall is good over here LOL. Your foal is adorable

She is really pretty. What a difference a clip job makes! Although her prettiness is evident through the hair, even.
default_smile.png

I would be thrilled with her at 32.5. PERFORMANCE HORSE!!!!

And for the record, with as few minis as I have had from a young age, they were darn close or at their mature height by age 1. One I bought never budged a centimeter from the height he came to me at, as a yearling. I bet she doesn't go "over."

Both parents are 32", so I am hoping she's just getting all her growth in one go. She's everything I'd hoped to add to the herd, but I guess her height just takes some getting used to--her tallest pasture mate is 30". It's funny because we breed for the 30" and unders but my show string this year is now going to be two Over division horses. :DOH!

Tiff,

She is Beautiful !!!!!

(That 1st "after" pic is gorgeous.
default_wub.png
)

And cutie-pie Lola is looking quite beautiful, too!!

-Becky

Latest posts

Back