A change has come....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

Oak Parks Oh Im Awesome

Has arrived!! A HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you goes out to Chesa at Deven Creek Miniatures for giving my family and I this opportunity!
Doc.jpg

(photo courtesy of Chesa, yes I have her permission!)

I had decided that in today's market if we were going to stick with this then we were going to need some changes.. I absolutely love my boy Sky, but we all know that the appaloosas are not the "favorite" of many like the pintos and solids, the fact that Sky is AMHR only limited our marketing as well.. So I made the decision to being looking for a new herd sire, and being a color fan I knew I wanted a loud pinto.. As some of you probably noticed I had put an ad on the sale-board, hoping to get a few emails with what was out there but had no intentions of buying just yet, nor finding that "horse of my dreams." A few days after posting the ad I received an email from Chesa saying she had a black pinto I may be interested in, and when I found out it was this fella my heart sank as I had always loved this colt, but I wasn't "prepared" to buy so soon, and having never used a hauler before and gas prices as high as they are I was sure I couldn't afford the shipping.. So I made that email back to her saying that I didn't think he was within my budget.. She emailed back saying she'd be willing to work with us, take payments etc. if we really liked him.. So after numerous emails between us, a bunch of photos, so financial talk within the family, I decided I had to have him and would find a way, and as of 9:00 pm tonight he's an official 'Ohio Buckeye!'
default_laugh.png

f.jpg

(photo courtesy of Chesa!)

Doc's a son of YP Branch Destinys Doctrine (son of Alvadar's Double Destiny) and is out of Tami's mare Reh's Oh Oh (a Bond Rollback daughter) Doc has three foals due in 2009, Chesa has two mares in foal to him and then she had sold a mare bred to him.. Will be anxiously awaiting their arrivals!!! And yes I may just have to get my feet wet showing with this guy and my solid Buckeroo grandson!
default_wacko.png
default_yes.gif

Another HUGE thanks to Jim and the rest of the crew at Rockin J Transport for being so great through all of this and taking special care of our boy on his long trip!

He's settled into his stall for the night and munching away on some hay.. Will try and get some photos of him tomorrow!!
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin

Again THANKS to all who helped make this happen!!
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations, how exciting!!!

Congratulations on your new boy!
default_wub.png
And Chesa is a really great person, so I bet she did everything she could to make it happen for you.
default_smile.png

Way to go Cristina!! I am really excited for you and wish you the best of luck with your "new" breeding program!
default_smile.png

All I can say is you have one BEAUTIFUL stallion !

Congratulations!

Way to go girl! That is a VERY nice animal. Cheers for Chesa for making your dreams come true. A win win situation. Wonderful customer relations. That's what I love to see.

CONGRATS!! I sure do miss that boy. He was always such a wonderful boy to deal with. Give him a kiss from me.....

Congrats on your new boy!!!
default_aktion033.gif
I LOVE black pintos!!!
default_wub.png

Nice boy you have!

default_aktion033.gif
Congrate's Cristina!
default_biggrin.png
I think he is getting a wounderful home! And Cristina was just wounderful to work with also.
default_yes.gif
And thanks everyone for the VERY nice compliments about me!!
default_wub.png

Let's just say it was a HARD decision to let Doc go. He is SUCH a neat horse!! I wanted to keep him but moving and my payments on my new place are a bit more than what I had antisipated
default_sad.png
So it has forced me to sell some of my guys & girls I really wouldn't mind hanging on too....

So this went so quick with the sale of Doc... The 2nd picture of Doc was take "just" last week and that's with NO conditioning since May! Congrate's again on your new boy Doc!
default_wub.png

I hope Cristina doesn't mind but I had to ad a photo that I sent Cristina of Doc with my youngest son, who's 8, Eastin, leading him. Which really captures Doc wounderful/loving disposition!

Doc2Sept1808.jpg

Thanks everyone! Still on cloud 9!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

And Chesa I can't thank you enough!! I already told you that picture of Doc and your son is my favorite
default_wub.png

Genie: Chesa said he's around 32", I haven't put a stick to him but he looks so small! lol

Going to go out and turn him out in the dry lot for a bit to stretch his legs and check out his new surroundings..
default_smile.png

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What a gorgeous little fella
default_wub.png
...and right here in "my back yard"....
default_laugh.png

He is gorgeous!! A huge congratulations!

Susan O.

Congrats LuckyC!!!! I got the pleasure of helping Chesa with her horses at a couple of shows and will have to say that he was one of my favorites to help get ready. He has such a sweet nature you would never guess he was a stallion.
default_wub.png
You will have so much fun with him!!!

Latest posts

Back