A Baby Boom!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kendra

Reaction score
I got a little behind in my foal announcements!! First we were busy in at Aggie Days, then I've been holding off the last little while waiting for Icicle!

Here's the two sires of all four of these foals, 2 each, Tibbs Night Rider and North Stars Valdez Y Basan:

tibbsval.jpg

Our third foal of the year was born April 10 ... we were watching the hockey game, cheering for our Flames in their first playoff game, and running into the bedroom to check Flicka on the camera every break in the

play, until she got more interesting than the game ... which is saying something! We'd been watching her for 2 weeks, so were very excited to finally have a baby!! Soon we had to run out the barn and we pulled this long legged little boy, he was a tight squeeze for his maiden mommy, though he's not big, very fineboned. Meet my new favorite for the year (shh, don't tell Maverick!)a black (perfect colour even!) colt

with a star sired by North Stars Valdez Y Basan and out of Diamond B Flicka. I'm thinking Circle J Man In Black, or Cash for short, but haven't quite convinced the rest of the crew!

flicka08colt2.jpg
flicka08colt3.jpg

Then on the 11th, my grandparents had to stay home from Aggie Days, and as it turned out, it worked out well ... Fergie, who had only come into the barn the night before after she bagged up in a hurry, foaled shortly after she was turned out after her breakfast, about 9 AM. She had very big

black filly, I've searched through her hair and didn't find any white one's, so I don't think she's going to be roan, but I thought that about Jamie too, until she shed! Also sired by North Stars Valdez Y Basan and

out of Circle J Forget Me Not. The current name under consideration is courtesy of Dali ... Circle J Morning Glory.

fergie08filly2.jpg

Later the same afternoon Grandad went around back to check the mares we didn't think we're very close and found Classic foaling! Shows what we know ... she'd started a small bag a couple weeks earlier, but hadn't made ANY progress at all since then. She got up with the feet showing, and showed no interest in going down again, so Grandad delivered her tiny, tiny colt with her standing. This little boy is TINY, 18.5" at a rough measurement, and hairy, even has long hair on his legs, and a furry face like a baby donkey ... so sweet! Black and white pinto, really on a roll with the blacks, 3 in two days!! This little guy is Circle J Mighty Mouse, so named by my 85 year old great aunt. He's sired by Tibbs Night Rider.

classic08colt2.jpg

And his dam, Diamond B Classic:

classichead.jpg

Icicle FINALLY foaled at 2:30 this morning after days and days of being angry at the world. Of course, my camera battery was dead, so no pictures until it recharges! But he's a solid sorrel colt, just what we've been waiting for to use the name Circle J Miikka!! Here's his proud momma though, Circle J Icicle.

icicletrot.jpg

****Edited to Add ... baby Miikka!!

miikka1.jpg

I think we're going to have a lull now for a while, before the next ones start getting close ... gives us time to enjoy the ones we have!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Kendra , such a busy place.
default_smile.png
I'm rather partial to that filly Love the way she's put together. Congratulations on the healthy babies and good luck getting some rest before the next wave.
default_yes.gif

The current name under consideration is courtesy of Dali ... Circle J Morning Glory.[/quoteOh I like that for her..pretty name for a pretty girl...and bonus it's one I thought of..lol.

Wow! What fun you have had for a couple of days!

They are adorable-

Peggy

Thanks to everyone for their comments!!

FINALLY got baby Miikka outside for a few minutes today, just long enough to clean their stall and let him and his momma stretch their legs.

miikka1.jpg

We've had a huge belated blast of winter here, lots of snow and cold weather, I'm supposed to be clipping a couple horses this week for The Mane Event which starts Friday .... I hope we get back to springtime soon!

Such pretty babies!
default_wub.png
SUPER CONGRATS on all of them.
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back