75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also on a herd of 100 can you imagine the farrier costs. About the cheapest trim you can find is 20 per horse, times that by hundred and he would have a 2000.00 dollar farrier bill every six to eight weeks.

OK Oatbucket i now think im to cheap in what im charging to do minis if that is what you are paying up there

Maybe i should raise my prices. JUST KIDDING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

dawn

Didi anyone notice old Vern contradicted himself by saying it was not neglect and that it was illness, but then later says he has no trouble caring for them? First statement points out that he knows there is a problem by blaming it on illness. Then says there is not a problem. Well, which is it?

Patiently waiting for 5pm!!! :lol:

Also on a herd of 100 can you imagine the farrier costs. About the cheapest trim you can find is 20 per horse, times that by hundred and he would have a 2000.00 dollar farrier bill every six to eight weeks.

OK Oatbucket i now think im to cheap in what im charging to do minis if that is what you are paying up there

Maybe i should raise my prices. JUST KIDDING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

dawn
Actually, all of the farriers around here charge 30.00 per horse, but I have heard that some farriers only charge 20.00.

Oh and lets not forget the cost of vacs per horse.

But you do not seem to realise that NONE of that care is necessary.

You just mollycoddle your horses, what with all this high falutin' feeding and graining and worming and trimming and all.

Next thing you'll be wanting good ol' Vern to believe you give them vitamin supplements and don't expect them to drink out of dirty old gas cans!!!

And provide them with somewhere to get out of the heat and the cold.

Whatever next?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :deadhorse2:
default_frusty.gif
:
default_frusty.gif
: :deadhorse2: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
First, I'd like to thank Mona for pointing me to this site, and this particular thread. I have spent the majority of the last 24 hours reading each and every post in the thread. I have cried more tears in the last 24 hours than I can ever recall, not only for the horses, but also for the dedication of the members and contributors and motivators, and yes, even the ones that have said some not-so-nice things. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, and all words are valuable, even if only to serve to strenthen the resolve of the group to achieve the results they wish. It is wonderful to see so many people linked together, united and taking action in a matter that requires it.

Believe me, if I were anywheres close to Kansas, I'd be in like a dirty shirt with whatever action needed to be taken on site, and although I have learned a smattering of diplomacy in previous years, would find it hard to maintain a civil tongue, let alone compose a civil letter to authorities. I applaud you all for showing by example maturity in this so very emotional situation.

I can only hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel for the horses.

My thoughts are with you all, now, and will be in the ensuing days that follow.

I have sent links of the video clip to everyone in my address book, animal lovers or not, in the hopes to garner more support for the minis.

An added note: from experience, I have learned that change comes best from within, especially monumental change such as breaking into the 'old boys club'. It's not easily done, and takes perserverence on behalf of the group wishing the change, but it CAN be done, and I know you/we all have that tenacity inside us to keep the ball rolling even after these horses are made safe.

UPDATE

Not as good as I had hoped but it is a start. The DA will press charges. As of right now Trembly has given 8 of the minis over to SWER the other rescue and CMHR is going to Foster. We have a Foster Home on way right now to pick them up. They should be there about 6pm Kansas time, but we probably won't get an update on their condition till they get them home and settled. The Foster people live 70 miles from Uniontown so it will be much later tonight. Like I said it's a start, but CMHR will not rest till all those minis are out of that heck hole. This could not have happened without you guys. I'm sitting here crying like a baby at this small victory. And crying too because it is only 8.

I'm leaving for Kansas within the hour but can still be reached by cell. I wish this were better news and that we had all of them, so still keep the pressure on. WE WILL NOT STOP. Trembly has to be shut down for the welfare of those minis.

Ginny

Hey I didn't say "heck" LOL

I'm loving the levity on here right now. I honestly think we're just giddy from the hours and days of such emotional ups and downs and the lack of sleep because of it. Remember how the kids got when they were soooooo tired, but just wouldn't give up and rest. That's us right now.

Regarding Verns farrier. Doubt that he's as much as spoken with a farrier for years. My guess is, that like a lot of older horse owners, he does his own trimming. That one with the 5" hooves must have been hiding out on one of the busses. Or maybe he was driving around in his new vehicle.

Ginny 8 is a start. That's 8 more than were going to safety yesterday. Thank God the DA is finally willing to press charges.

Do you want people there tomorrow????

The DA will press charges. As of right now Trembly has given 8 of the minis over to SWER the other rescue and CMHR is going to Foster.
Oh thank God!

It's a start! and those little ones will be on their way to their new life. :aktion033: :aktion033:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Ginny,

Are the horses already in the hands of SWER? If so, can you tell us if they are the worst of the bunch or just some random ones handed over?

I am so glad that Mr Trembly has allowed these 8 to go. Thank you, Mr Trembly. It is nice to see you cooperating with SWER.

I also hope that Mr Trembly will allow us to help the rest of them. It would be so much easier for everyone involved if this could be the case.

Good luck Ginny. I know you will update as possible.

8 of the minis over to SWER the other rescue and CMHR is going to Foster.

Good news :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Just the beginning, Prayers for the minis left behind

well thank goodness finally there is a answer from the DA and they are doing what is right.

Thank goodness that 8 minis will now have shelter and regular meals.

Hopefully more will follow

Ginny and all members of this forum, rescues who have got involved, the Humane Society of the US., members of other forums, internaitonal friends, and the concerned citizens of Kansas and on and on.

WHAT A WONDERFUL BUNCH OF PEOPLE YOU ALL ARE, BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU.

Ginny, it may be trickle right now, with the release of the 8, but I believe the storm will come and it will pour :aktion033: Now is the time to start fighting HARDER!

8 is a GREAT start!!! YAY!!!! That's 8 more then we had when we started.

Still hoping and praying that the rest are out of the heck hole very, very soon!!! Please tell the other rescue and the foster home a GREAT BIG THANK YOU from all of us!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

:cheeky-smiley-006: :cheeky-smiley-006: :cheeky-smiley-006: :cheeky-smiley-006: :cheeky-smiley-006: :cheeky-smiley-006: :cheeky-smiley-006: :cheeky-smiley-006: :cheeky-smiley-006:

:aktion033: :new_multi: WOOHOOOO and YEEEEHAAAAAWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
: :cheeky-smiley-006: I know it's only 8 out of about 100, but hey, it's a START and definately a step in the right direction!!! WAY TO GO!!

EVERYONE, that reads this that has contibuted in ANY way, by positive thoughts, prayers, emails, faxes, letters or actions, give yourselves a HUGE pat on the back!!
default_firstprize.gif
: We ARE making a difference! Like CMHR's slogan says....making a difference, one horse at a time! :risa8:

Hi wyldfyre :saludando:

I just recorded the news clip from KOAM on my camera and I'm trying to upload it to my photobucket account now. If it works, I'll post it. I'm on high speed but it's taking a good while :eek:

Please read and dance and dance some more, more good news. This is from a forum member on the arabian site I belong to, the group unfortunately I got upset with when I first posted about the situation and after 24 hours had no response to online...well they are coming through for these minis :bgrin :bgrin

I have just received this reply to one of my emails (from the list).
Dear Ms. Lewis,

We published an article on this situation in the Wednesday issue (today), which you can check out on www.fstribune.com. Mr. Trembly has certainly let things get out of hand, and some of his horses are suffering for it. But one quote in staff writer Michael Glover's story illustrates the real nature of the problem. Ronni Folden, another local horse owner, the person who actually first reported the situation to authorities, said, “I understand that he loves his horses. I just think that he has become like a cat lady, so to speak. He’s hoarding now. I just think he doesn’t realize it.” I urge you to read Michael's story. The veterinary department at Kansas State University has been brought in, and it appears that the problem is on its way to being remedied. However, our reporter plans to keep an eye on the situation and write more, if necessary, in the coming weeks.

Robin Hixson

Managing Editor

There is nothing like the wheels of the internet for getting things rolling. .

Barbara

This is only the start, the momentum is there and it won't be stopped....
default_yes.gif
:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back