75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannon, great video! :aktion033:

I guess we were both on the same wavelength. I did one too. It's at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK45v5Rwiio. Didn't mean to have a "competing one", but it's my first video and posting on YouTube so I had to post here. Sorry!
default_rolleyes.gif
: I included the contact info. for the sheriff and attorney so it's a little different.

GREAT JOB TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon, great video! :aktion033:
I guess we were both on the same wavelength. I did one too. It's at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK45v5Rwiio. Didn't mean to have a "competing one", but it's my first video and posting on YouTube so I had to post here. Sorry!
default_rolleyes.gif
: I included the contact info. for the sheriff and attorney so it's a little different.
THAT IS SUPER!! I don't care if 100 people make videos, if the right person sees one of them, that's all that matters to me.
default_yes.gif
:

Shannon

Ok, we have a lot of people on board to start calling tomorrow and the emails didn't go out that long ago - people are forwarding and those reading the emails and seeing the video's and pictures are taking notice.

It will not be long before the Kansas officials know they're in the spotlight and people from all over the country are watching to see what they do for these horses.

Remember too that tomorrow is a holiday too, so we may not get far, but start the calls back up on Tuesday either way!

Hi all,

I have been following this story but have some questions since it is getting difficult to stay on track.

Who all was contacted by whom, when and what was said?

Does anyone really know what the correct process is in Kansas and this County when it comes to reporting lifestock neglect/abuse?

Has anyone spoken with the AG Department?

How many horses are there? What is the last "information" about the owner?

How many people would be willing to get how many horses if they need to be temporily fostered?

What is the law in KS in regards to moving horses acrossed State line without coggins and/or health certificate?

I guess what I'm saying is, can someone put it into a summary of what has happened to this point?

Our rescue could help to some extend but it is an over 14 hr drive which would also be very difficult for these minis.

Feel free to PM me. Thanks

Not all of us have fax machines so what would you suggest for us to do?

Uhmmm I just copied and pasted what was in her message ...maybe it should be in small letters to work. It did work from the Celtic website. Here is the website http://www.celticreinrescue.org/

The link to Celtic Rein doesn't work for me.

Please FAX as emails can be tossed and phones hung up. The fax machine is offical and may be harder to turn off.

I have a suggestion. After some of you posted about not knowing where to throw ourselves at I think that on Tuesday everyone shoudl email the Sheriff but better would be to fax him. He can ignore email but he can't ignore wads and wads of paper spilling out of their fax machine and jamming it up. We should concentrate to start on 2 or 3 ndividuals/group and inundate them.

Also I have a question, is there a plan in place, should the seizure happen, by CMHR if and when you are granted the removal of these animals? What about the goats? This is alot of miniature horses, many of which are in dire need of medical help the minute they are seized. I was just wondering if you have a plan in place lets say with other rescues in the state of Kansas that could help with this. I just can't see CMHR trying to find emergency foster homes for all these minis and goats in a timely manner.

Oops, just saw someone else thought the way I did about fax versus emails. Yes faxing would be better, otherwise the sheriff's office just might all have our emails go to "spam". Phoning would be the other thing, just keep jamming their phone lines.

You also need to find someone in the area or fairly close, who would be willing to go out there on a daily basis and video tape with date showing on the video in order to prove that the horses are not being watered/fed, etc. This needs to be documented so that the Sheriff can no longer just try to appease people calling and saying they are now being looked after.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just made aware of this situation in Kansas ... I have read most of the posts on this thread and have looked at all the pictures and watched the two videos.

What a horrible horrible situation for these poor horses. I have emailed everyone on the list as well as Oprah and I am sending an email to everyone I know in Canada (I am from Atlantic Canada)... The government of Kansas is going to have to deal with Canadians putting the pressure on them too now.

Something HAS to be done before they all die.

When I googled "Trembly Tiny Trails" I found the name Vern Trembly as the farm owner. Someone who bought a stallion from him several years ago has an ad on their website for the Tremblys. Obviously they have no idea what is happening with the horses now.

If you can think of any other way we can help from Canada, please let us know...

Susan & Roger Amos

Brookside Farm

NB, Canada

You guys are all amazing people! I'm back home now and catching up on this thread. There are a TON of wonderful ideas here. One I was thinking of on the drive home from World today was what about taking out an ad in a local paper notifying the locals that this situation is going on and their elected official (the sheriff) isn't doing his job. What do you think? I don't know how much something like this would cost, but I could contribute to it, or pay for it totally if it wasn't too outrageous.

Thoughts?

Now THAT is a WONDERFUL IDEA!!!!

I just thought of something else, the property that the minis are on, you mentioned he doesn't live on that site but in government housing. Who owns that piece of land where the minis are, does he? If not, is there any way of finding out. If he is renting that piece of land from someone could they also not be held liable for the cruelty to animals as well, as an accessory to the fact? I don't know, just trying to understand why nobody in Uniontown has not done anything at all. Is this place a remote area in the bush???? If he doesn't own the land it would be VERY interesting to see who does

In conversation with a KS equine attorney, she suggested contacting newspapers in addition to TV stations. I think this is an excellent idea. Newspapers may be more willing to do articles on this situation and then TV stations might join in.

Peggy

www.albahurst.com

Vicki, what would happen if they were just removed by hook or by crook. I don't know what kind of fencing is around the entire property. Someone said their is grass in adjacent areas away from the area they are in. Boy, they are lucky I don't live close by because I guess I would be arrested for getting them one way or the other out of there. Then you would have the media going absolutely NUTS when a person or persons trying to do what is right are or is arrested for trying to stop this abuse. I am going to be faxing every minute I swear to God on Tuesday!!!! First I was upset, in tears, and now I am ANGRY!

I just thought of something else, the property that the minis are on, you mentioned he doesn't live on that site but in government housing. Who owns that piece of land where the minis are, does he? If not, is there any way of finding out. If he is renting that piece of land from someone could they also not be held liable for the cruelty to animals as well, as an accessory to the fact? I don't know, just trying to understand why nobody in Uniontown has not done anything at all. Is this place a remote area in the bush???? If he doesn't own the land it would be VERY interesting to see who does

Couldn't this info be obtained from the local court house.........Clerk of Courts??? I know in Shawano County, you can walk right into the court house, to ask questions about property and taxes that ARE public knowledge. I think it's Clerk of Courts, though if anyone in Kansas can get there, they could probably ask for help.

Mr Trembly owns the property and has been collecting almost $100,000 in subsidies over the past years.

CMHR has a person in Ft Scott who is notifying the local paper of what is going on. Ft Scott is the Bourbon County seat. it is appx 10/15 miles from Uniontown who I understand has a population of about 250 people.

Ginny

I have just been notified that there are certain backroads from Kansas to the OK boarder which is only 2 hours away.............

and also what about the KANSAS STATE POLICE? I never thought of calling them!

Also Monday is a holiday so some places cannot be contacted until Tuesday but I think between faxes and ringing the phone off the wall and letting the dispatcher know a few things would be plenty to give the SO some serious headaches. They cannot turn their phones and faxes off!

Also for whoever asked about a daily movie, we have NO ONE there that can go out there every day and tend to these things. We have good Kansas support but nobody in Uniontown.

Also, if their newspaper is like ours, it would NEVER allow anything like this that goes against the Sheriff's department. It's a small town and I am not sure any one would report on that locally for us. I cannot find the Uniontown Newspaper. If anyone can locate it please let me know.

ALSO again, FEED STORES! I cannot locate a Unionville Feed Store, I need a phone book! but thinking maybe we can send out pictures to them and get the horse people of Unionville upset!

I did talk with someone from a news station earlier and will follow up tomorrow I sent an email to 2 newspapers they are about 40 and 50 miles away from Uniontown was the best I could find

I do have to say though I am concerned that if we get them to seize due to the pressure that they may no longer be willing to work with the rescues???

Last edited:
I have e-mailed Anderson Cooper, Bill O'Reilly, Oprah, the Governor, and the sheriff. I will be faxing on Monday also. I have forwarded this e-mail and YouTube video to friends, and asked them to forward to as many people as they can. I have also cross posted this, along with the YouTube video to three other forums! On two of them, it is causing conversation, and there has been several people horrified by this. They have come to the forum to read, and have already sent e-mails, and will hopefully also be calling and faxing.

It's working folks............come on..........keep it coming, this is AWESOME :aktion033: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back